Ch 48

We pulled up to our private jet, and Luca practically dragged me on there.

Memories.

The jet looked newly renovated. The theme was champagne pink and there was white seats rather than the beige it used to have.

I went to the back of the plane and saw a larger bed with a pink comforter on it, and a furry rug.

"This is your jet, I have many more gifts for your birthday. Just wait and see." Luca said.

Before us was an array of snacks with one flight attendant, who Luca profusely checked and rechecked to see if she was an imposter.

He was off his shit today.

I could tell he was tense, so I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, and placed my other hand on his other shoulder.

I began to massage, obviously helping him relax.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked

"Nothing, I'm fine." He said with a smile.

I could see right through that fake ass smile, nice try.

I didn't wanna push him, so I just left it alone.

Mary, our flight attendent, gave us swiss artisan sandwiches for our meal.

Luca, again, necked through all the sandwich folds and looked for any residue on them.

Okay, something's definitely wrong.

Luca asked me to prepare him a drink, because he didn't trust the flight attendant.

Only because I love him.

Luca was typing away on his computer as the jet took off.

I was in a goofy mood right now, surprisingly, and that mixed with boredom will give you the most annoying person you've ever met.

I wanted to make him laugh, or at least try to make him a little bit better.

"Luca"

"..."

"Lucaa"

"..."

"Lucaaaa"

"....."

"Luc-."

"WHAT." he said, cutting me off.

A wave of insecurities hit me like a semi truck, and I was slowly crawling back into that little hole I was in.

"Damn, I just wanted to make u happy, but never mind I guess." I said, guilt tripping him.

"Whatever." He said.

"What the fuck is your problem Luca? You've been on edge this entire day and your taking it out on me now. I've asked you multiple fucking times what the problem was and your not telling me!"

"I said don't ducking worry about it! Take a fucking hint for once in your god damn life!"

I scoffed.

"I'm supposed to be your wife but you r treating me like this."

"We're not married by free will."

That right there.

That statement

Felt like a punch in the heart.

But I'm not gonna be a little fucking bitch. I'm not gonna cry.