Ch 51

It had been only an hour on the airplane, and it held like an eternity. Luca was stressing most of all because his brother and his pregnant wife was captured, and the mafia needed him there before they made a move.

I was facetiming Olivia, telling her what weapons I used for my last battle, and techniques we needed.

As soon as we landed, we were going in.

Luca gave me a bullet proof vest, something to strap to my waist for weapons, and tight fitting black sweatsuit.

He was wearing black cargo pants and a bullet proof vest, smoking a cigar.

"Shouldn't we get some rest or eat now? As soon as we land we're gonna load up and battle, we can't be tired." I suggested.

"I cant rest." He said coldly.

"Well at least eat something Luca. You have to be strong."

"Your making me soft, just like my mother did
My father." He said, looking everywhere except my eyes.

I stayed quiet, and saw him taking his golden gun out.

"Did you know that my father killed my mother?" He said, playing with the safety.

Stand your fucking ground Astrid.

"No. I'll be damned if I let you kill me, if that's what your getting at." I said, taking out my gun too.

"You thing your so big and bad, don't you?"

"The difference between me and you, I know I'm all big and bad. I know what I've been through, and I'm not scared of shit anymore, not even you." I said, pressing the cold metal to his neck.

He smirked.

"You've got games, don't you?" He said, pressing his against my neck.

I didn't flinch, I didn't even blink. It was an intense staring contest, and I was winning.

Scaring him with my intimidation.

"God I love you so much, your my crazy fucking astrid." He said, putting the gun back in his waistband.

"You've made me crazier than I already was." I said, taking a swig out of my drink.

"Where 8 hours away from homeland. We should go sleep."

"I told you that already, but let's go baby." I said, holding out my hand and making my way to the bedroom.

—————————————————————
I found myself waking up after 5 hours to Luca thrashing and turning, with a cold sweat.

He was muttering something I could quite understand, but I knew he had to be having a bad dream.

"Luca, baby?" I whispered.

He jumped up, trying to catch his breath.

I reached over him and grabbed him a bottle of water to drink, for him to calm down.

I sat there, and gave him space to cool down.

Poor Luca.

Luca's pov.

The blood was everywhere, and in my own hands. I saw my mother, walk up to me and hand me a gun.

"We can't let that little girl make you weak, now can we?" My mother said, handing me the glowing gun.

"Mom, I don't want to do this." I said, sounding like my 15 year old self.

"She's slapping you down ly ax why can't you just go back to the man you used to be, they man with no sympathy." She said, turning me around, to face a pregnant astrid.