Ch 26

We arrived at a large, vibrant club.

Latin music was booming through the club.

As we walked in, we were greeted by the smell of sweat and vodka, reminding me of old highschool parties.

Olivia pulled me to a vip section with its own set of bartenders upstairs.

I was met with Nikolai, a blonde man who I assumed to be olivia's husband, a brown headed green eyed man, and multiple other men I didn't care about.

Nikolai was smoking a cigar, while the blonde man was passing a joint around.

"Marco! Baby I missed you." Erica said running up to the brown haired man.

"You just saw me an hour ago, and for 4 weeks straight on our honeymoon." He said with a chuckle.

She sat on his lap, and kissed him passionately.

Olivia sat next to the blonde man and smiled.

Nikolai eyed me and mentally undressed me.

I could see it on his eyes.

He motioned for me to come next to him, and my legs moved without my permission.

I sat a few inches away from him cautiously.

He smelt like sweet green apples.

Mmm

"How have you been astrid?" He said, my name rolling off his tounge.

"I've been alright, and I'm sorry for not calling you. Luca is a pain in the ass." I chuckled.

"It's okay, I understand where he's coming from. I wouldn't want a fine ass woman like you talking to another man." He whispered into my ear.

His words had no affect on me like Luca's did. I'm starting to think Luca had me wrapped around his finger.

I'm not complaining tho, better than having a dry ass life by yourself.

I stayed silent.

He blew a fustrated breath.

"Well, I guess my seduction tactics don't work on you." He laughed.

I let out a silent chuckle.

"Let's just be friends" he said.

"How do I know your not gonna try anything on me?" I asked.

"You have my word. I swear on my life I won't try anything." He said.

"Words don't matter to me, it's the intentions behind them. If i even catch you looking at me in a weird way I swear to God I'll kill you myself."

"Sheesh, okay. I see that your a christian huh?" He asked.

"More spiritual than religious. I cant really wrap the concept of a religion taught by a corrupted society of non accepting people. Yeah, I'm open to the idea of god, but I believe that there's more out there. A prayer won't change anything, but getting right with your inner self will." I said.

"You and my dear brother are just alike. But I see what your saying. Most people in the Christian community are so arrogant." He grinned.

We sat in comfortable silence, listening to the hum of Latin music playing around us.

I got up and ordered a 8 ounce glass of Hennessy and coke from the private bartender.

I downed it in seconds,receiving weird looks from the other men in the room.