Chapter 12

"I'm sure Grunkle Stan has some awesome games somewhere.", Mabel said walking down the hallway.
Me and Dipper were following her.

She then stopped in front of a closet and opened it.
We looked at the closet, which contained some stray items and board games.

"Let's see, 'Battlechutes & Ladderships,' 'Necronomiconopoly,' 'Don't Wake Stalin'... ", Mabel read aloud.
"Hey, what's this? 'What Could Go Wrong?: The Board Game. The last players who opened this box never made it out alive.' ", Dipper said grabbing a box.

"Now that sounds interesting.", I said raising my eyebrows.
"Well, I know what we're doing today.", Mabel said after a short pause.

"Family meeting! Family meeting!", Ford's voice was heard.
"What?", I asked surprised.
"Aw man. Guess this game gotta wait.", Mabel said, putting it back.
"We'll definitely come back to this.", Dipper said.

We sprinted downstairs.
Ford was sitting at the table, had several scrolls tucked under his arm and was reading a book.
As he noticed us three, he turned around and placed the scrolls up the table.
His look was very serious. Something happened.

"Ah, children. Come in, come in!"
"Ooh, mysterious scrolls and potions! Are you going to tell us we're finally of age to go to wizard school?", Mabel said with sparkling eyes.
"Pfff! Like in Harry Potter?", I laughed.

Mabel started rummaging through the bag.
"Is there an owl in this bag?", she asked amazed.

Ford snatched the back away.
"No! I can assure you if there's an owl in this bag, he's long dead.", he answered.
Me and Mabel frowned.
Wow. What happened to him today. Did he... got up with the wrong foot or something?

"Now, children, do either of you recognize this symbol?", Ford asked Dipper and Mabel.
They gasped. "Bill.", Dipper stated.
"What?", I asked confused.

"You... you know him?", Ford asked amazed.
"Know him? He's been terrorizing us all summer! I have so many questions and theories...", Dipper said.

"Dipper's been pretty paranoid since Bill turned him into a living sock puppet.", Mabel commented.
Ohhh. That Dorito triangle demon Mabel told me about. Geez. There are so many things I missed.

"The important thing is we defeated him twice.", Dipper said proudly.
"Once with kittens and once with tickles!", Mabel cheered.
"It was a lot more heroic than it sounds."

"The fact that you've dealt with Bill is gravely serious.", Ford said seriously.
"So, how do you know Bill?", Dipper asked him.
"I've encountered many dark beings in my time, Dipper. What matters is that his powers are growing stronger, and if he pulls off his plans, no one in this family will be safe!"

"Fortunately, there should be a way to shield us from his mental tricks. A way to Bill-proof the Shack.", Ford said and drew a map of his lab.

"All I have to do is place moonstones here, here, and here, sprinkle some mercury, let's see... I always forget the last ingredient!", he continued and grabbed Journal one and flipped through the pages.
"Ugh, unicorn hair.", he groaned.

"Now that sounds like it wouldn't be easy to get it.", I said standing there with crossed arms and raised eyebrows.

"It's hopeless.", Ford said looking at his journal again and adjusting his glasses.
"Unicorns reside deep within an enchanted glade, and their hairs can only be obtained by a pure good-hearted person who goes on a magical quest to find them."

My eyes went slowly towards Mabel because I already knew what would happen.
"Oh no-"
"Grunkle Ford, can I please go on this quest? I am literally obsessed with unicorns! My first word was "unicorn," I once made my own unicorn by taping a traffic cone to a horse's head. Are you even looking at the sweater I'm wearing right now?! Not to mention that I'm probably the most pure of heart person in this room.", she screamed excitedly.