Chapter 28

Y'all were waiting for this one a lil too long so, enjoy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Y/N's point of view:

I was just casually eating a toast for breakfast as Dipper called Mabel downstairs. Stan grabbed a jacket and walked towards the door as well. I furrowed my eyebrows.
Mabel stopped at the doorframe and looked at me.
"We're leaving. Short trip to the Diner.", she explained and winked as she closed the door.
My eyes widened.
I knew exactly why she was doing that. Phew... okay... I guess today might actually be the day.
Oh this is already giving me a bellyache.
I quickly finished eating and drank my tea.

Stanford's point of view:

I didn't get much sleep last night. In fact, all I could think of was Y/N and how she was so close to me yesterday. It's weird to feel this way towards her. But just the thought of her makes my heart go wild. It makes me think things I'm not used to think about. It makes me feel things I didn't know I could feel. But most importantly, it wants to make me do things I've never done before.

I couldn't describe the feeling. It's like brainwashing me. I am a whole different person around her. And until now I don't know if that is a good thing or not. But she makes me want to think it is.

And the more time I spent with her, the more I realised I finally need to tell her. Maybe if she rejects me, I can think normally again. Even if it would hurt like hell.
I sighed and stoop up jerkily.

Y/N's point of view:

Just as I wanted to type in the code for the vending machine, it opened.
I slightly jumped. Stanford was surprised to see me as well.
"Oh Y/N!- I actually was going to look for you...", he said.
"Stanford!", I said still a little bit startled.
He smiled.

"Where... where are the others?", he then asked, looking around.
It took me some time to answer because I couldn't think straight.
"U-Uhm they're at the Diner.", I said nervously.
He shortly glanced at me, which caused me to straighten my posture. Ford then simply nodded.
"Good. I need to talk to you.", he said and turned towards the vending machine again. He seemed to want us to talk down there.

"Actually...", I started, which made him look at me again. "I need to tell you something as well."
I gulped. Wow. Am I really just saying this now? Is this the right time? Should I wait?
"Let's continue this in my lab, please.", he slightly smiled. But something about it seemed off. Whatever he was going to tell me down there, it wasn't good news.

I followed him down the stairs but I silently sighed. I would never have the courage to tell him this now. What am I thinking? I can't do this oh my god.

As we reached his lab, he leaned against his desk and looked at me.
"What did you want to tell me?", I asked before he could. There's no way I'm going to tell him that I love him when he wants to talk about something serious with me. It's probably about work as well.
He flushed.

"Okay..", he began and sighed. I could see him gulp. Huh, did he mess something up? Or did I?

"Y/N... you need to promise me that you'll listen to me, alright?"
I slowly nodded. "Did something happen? Is it Bill?!"
He chuckled and shook his head. I relaxed again.

"No, it's nothing like that... Actually... I just need to talk with you about something."
Oh no... did he maybe find out that I feel something for him?! That would be so embarrassing!

"Alright here we go..", he whispered to himself. He tapped the floor with his foot a little. I was confused.

"Y/N.", he said, which got my attention again.
"Yes, Stanford?", I returned looking back up at him.
"I know it's completely insane. And that it's probably wrong. But I can't help myself. To be honest, I'm afraid that this will mainly ruin your future. I don't want you to give up your dream job because of me. Still, I can't keep it to myself any longer. It would just be wrong to do so. Shit, I can't even speak properly anymore...", he said and then stopped as he was trembling a little. He was sweating and fumbling around with his fingers. Ford let go off the desk.