Chapter 27

Y/N's point of view:

"Are you guys alright?", I asked Mabel and Dipper, who were walking behind us the whole time.
Me and Ford stopped to wait for the two of them. Mabel dragged herself up the hill to us and then plopped down onto the ground next to me.

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it.", she said exhausted.
"We've been walking for only twenty minutes.", Dipper mumbled, looking at her.

Ford laughed. "Well, to reach the perfect spot, we have to go further now."
"But just look at the view! And.. and those beautiful butterflies! It's perfectly fine to stay here, no?", Mabel tried to convince us.
I chuckled. "I mean you can stay here if you want."

She got up immediately. "What? No. I could get kidnapped."
"Who would want you?", Dipper mumbled, rolling his eyes. I gasped with a small smile and before Ford could say anything, Mabel punched Dipper in his tummy.
"Hurgh... Okay... maybe I deserved that...", he said under his breath.
"Sibling goals.", Mabel simply said and walked forwards.
The three of us were behind her, shocked because of what just happened.

"You did in fact deserve that punch, to be honest Dipper.", I said, surprisingly serious.
"I know I know."

"Anyways...", Ford cleared his throat and tried to lift up the mood again.

*timeskip*

We reached a rather dark and hidden place in the woods. It was chilly and there were some fireflies here and there. It had an absolutely beautiful atmosphere. There was a clear river flowing through the woods. It just added perfectly to everything.

"Oh wow it's so pretty here!", Mabel cheered and looked at a mushroom. She clapped her hands excitedly.
"It reminds me of the part of the forest where the gnomes live, though.", Dipper added.
We immediately looked at Ford.
"There are no gnomes here, right?", Mabel asked.

"Oh of course not! Not to sound rude, but I wouldn't go near them voluntarily ever again."
I chuckled.

"However... should we have our picnic now?", he asked.
"Yes yes yes!", Mabel cheered. She seemed to be very hungry.

Me and Stanford put a huge blanket on the ground. Then, we placed everything we had onto it. That was for example bread, cheese, berries, some left over pancakes and bananas.
Mabel placed some jellybeans onto the ground as well.

"Ooh! I love jellybeans!", I admired them.
Ford looked at me surprised. "Really?"
I smiled.
"Let's eat!", Mabel said excitedly.
We chuckled and began eating.

It was such a fun time just sitting there and talking about the most stupid things ever. Being with the right people really makes your whole day. I'm so glad I got to meet this wonderful family.

The kids ended up splashing themselves with water in the small river while me and Stanford were watching them.
He showed me some pages in his journal, where he wanted to add something.
"We can visit those areas again, If you'd like. Then we can investigate more.", I said and he nodded.
I still had the journal in my hands.
"That would be really nice of you, Y/N."

I sat down on a stone and read. I was shocked when it started to suddenly move so I jumped down. Ford flinched and grabbed me by my shoulders as well.

Immediately the others hurried to me and what seemed to be a now two meter tall troll in front of me.

"Who dares to wake me up when I take my nap?", A grumbling voice yawned.
"I'm sorry. I thought you were a rock .."
The troll leaned down to me. "What are you? I've never seen anything like you.", he commented.
"Me? Um ... we are humans.", I said shortly looking back at Stanford. He let go off my shoulders and backed away a few steps.