Chapter 46

(Yes I started making the dating simulator. But pls don't bully me because of the characters hands. :,D )

„Y/N, please. It's okay, really!", Mabel laughed at me.
„But... I feel kinda bad... I stayed with you two the last summer as well.", I said, looking at the door of their room.

„But since then a lot of things changed.", Dipper smiled.
Mabel nodded. „Yup! You and Grunkle Ford are now a couple for example."

I slightly blushed and rubbed my neck.
I could feel a hand around my shoulder. Ford was looking down at me, smiling.

„Like I said, it really doesn't matter for me. I'll just stay wherever it's the most comfortable for you guys.", I explained.
„Please, like you didn't sleep in Ford's room last summer as well. Give yourself a little push.", Stanley said with a smile and crossed arms.

Right... sleep... definitely nothing else.

I finally gave in and sighed. „Alright. Is that okay for you, Ford?"
He chuckled. "Of course. I offered it to you in the first place, didn't I?"
I nodded. „Well then, okay."

Together, we brought my stuff upstairs and Ford helped me put it away.
„I'm surprised you still have so much room in here.", I said as I started putting my clothes in a closet.
„You know, I don't really have a lot of clothes.", he answered.

„How come?"
„At first because of my tattoo. I only wore turtlenecks. And I had about three or four of them.", he replied with a following chuckle.
„And what about now?", I asked, looking at his exposed neck.

„I wear different things. But... I don't have a lot of them as well. I feel more comfortable. Since I've been traveling with Stanley, I'm much more open-minded. All the Weirdmageddon stuff has really messed me up. And also my past with Bill was not completely uninvolved. But my brother helped me to be a little more open. But... but especially you helped me a lot as well, Y/N."

I stopped what I was doing and turned to face him.
"I'm glad to hear that."

We smiled at each other like two idiots before Soos brought the next bag upstairs.
"There, that's the last one, dude."

„Ah, thank you, Soos!", I said with a smile towards him.
„No worries, dude. I'm here to help.", he replied and went down the stairs as well.

Ford lifted the bag up the ground and made a funny face, the bag being a little heavier than he thought.
„Woah- what is in there?"
I laughed. „Must be my book collection."

He nodded and placed the bag down on the couch, just to open it.
„What's this?", he asked, holding up a book with a six fingered hand and a 4 written on it.
I turned around to him from the closet again and dropped what I was holding.

„Aw man, that was supposed to be a present!"
Ford closed his eyes and put it back in the bag, sipping it back close. „Did not even see it. See what? What were we talking about again?"

I pinched my nose, shaking my head and laughed. „Doesn't matter now, honestly."
I walked over to him and pulled the book out again.

„I thought... maybe you'd want to go back into your research about Gravity Falls. But this time, with me? That's why I got you a new diary."
I put it in his hands, him slowly caressing around the edges. „It's beautiful.", he muttered, his gaze trailing towards me.

He opened the book in the middle and began to flip through it. There was nothing written in it yet, but... when he reached the last page, a piece of paper fell to the floor.
At first Stanford looked at me confused, then he bent down to pick it up.

„It's a picture." he began, whispering. „Of the whole family."
„Yeah. We took it the day we separated.", I replied, looking at the photo as well.
Everyone looked so happy even though we all knew we'd have to say goodbye in a few hours.

„That was a beautiful day, but also a very sad one.", Stanford commented, put the picture back into the book and turned to look at me again.
„Thank you. I appreciate it. And I'd be happy to have you as my not only romantic partner, but also my investigation partner."
I smiled.

After a short silence, where we just looked at each other, I spoke up again.
„Actually, I've been tracking the anomaly sightings and sure enough, here in Gravity Falls, they've gone up again in the last year. Most importantly, there has been an extreme increase in the past 10 weeks."

Ford's eyes widened. „Really? That's fascinating. I wouldn't have thought Gravity Falls would bring those anomalies again. Not after we defeated Bill."
„I know. But that is exactly what worries me a little. How can that be? Any connection to Bill's dimension has been cut, right?"

Ford scratched his chin and looked at the floor. He had a serious and concentrated expression on his face.
„I really can't think of any scenario where this would be possible. The anomalies must have either come from some neighboring country, or Gravity Falls has some other source of weirdness that we don't know of."

He looked at me again. „Looks like a good topic to start investigation, don't you think?"
I nodded. „But what about the twins? Can they join us?"
„Depends on where we're going. But generally, yes."
I slightly clapped my hands thrice. „Awesome!"

"We're talking new abnormalities, Mabel!", Dipper said excitedly.
Mabel slightly tilted her head. "New ones?"
"Yes, seems like it.", I said and slapped a newspaper on the kitchen table.

Everyone in the room leaned over the table to see the featured photo.
"What the hell is that?!", Mabel said, looking up to me.
I shared a quick look with Ford.

"Yeah, that looks like something from the gift shop.", Stanley commented with crossed arms.
"I can assure you, this picture is 100% real.", Stanford answered.

"That's a mixture of... deer and bird?", Mabel rather asked than stated.
I nodded my head. "Exactly. At first glance, these creatures look like a normal deer, but quickly you notice the large wings on their back and sharp claws on the hind legs."

"Until now, these creatures were considered only myths, because only a few bones were found. But then, about two days ago this photo was published.", Stanford explained.

"And how are we supposed to find such an animal when only one has been sighted so far?", Dipper asked, leaning on the table with his arms now.

"Well...", I started and slowly pointed at the author of the article.
"Toby Determined?!", the twins echoed.
"I didn't even know he still writes articles.", Stanley muttered.

"That's our first clue. He will be able to tell us more about the matter."