Chapter 13

"Alright, Mabel, it's time to strengthen your heart.", she said to herself.

Mabel did a lot of good things today.
She picked snails off the sidewalk and put them on the grass, planted a tree, she put a giant face sticker on Stan's face... Well I don't know if the last thing was a good thing because Stan screamed and broke a lamp.
Anyway, Mabel donated blood till she fainted, stopped traffic for some ducks to cross the road, painted glitter on the statue of Northanial Northwest, filled Lazy Susan's tip jar and helped a woman with her groceries.

"Boom! A thousand good deeds. When that unicorn scans my heart, she's gonna say I'm absolutely, one hundred percent, bona fide-"

*timescip

"Not pure of heart.", the unicorn said.
"Booyah! Wait, what?", Mabel gasped.

"How is that even possible? Mabel's a straight up saint, you judgmental hoofbag!", Wendy yelled.
"Please, tell me what I'm doing wrong!", Mabel begged.

"Doing good deeds to make yourself look better isn't good at all. Not to mention you're crushing, like, ten dandelions right now. Those are basically children's dreams."
Mabel got off the dandelions and gasped in shock.

"I'm sorry, Mabel. It's not my fault you're a bad person."

I raised my eyebrows in shock and gave her a angry smile.
"Oh? Excuse me, but Mabel is the least bad person in this town."

Mabel ran off crying.
"Mabel, wait! Come back!", Wendy yelled.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a 3 o'clock posing in front of a rainbow."

"Ugh, I know what Ford meant. This unicorn is getting on my nerves.", I mumbled to myself.

We walked up to Mabel who was laying in the grass.
"Come on, Mabel. Don't beat yourself up about this.", Wendy tried to cheer her up.
"Let's forget about getting that dumb unicorn hair.", Candy said smiling.
"I'm sure Ford wouldn't mind.", I added.

"It's not about the hair anymore, guys. It's about me. Being kind and sweet is what makes me who I am. If I'm not a good person, who am I? I'm not leaving this spot until I think of a deed that makes me as good as Celestabellebethabelle."
"But, Mabel..."
"Just leave me be."

"Pst.", Wendy ushered us away from Mabel.
"Guys, if you ask me, this whole thing is a serious load. Mabel's like the best person I've ever met. We tried getting that hair the good way. Now it's time we try... the Wendy way"
Wendy then punched and rubbed her left fist against her right hand as a way of signaling a violent gesture.

"Are you suggesting violence? Sabotage?", Grenda asked.
"Yeah I don't think Mabel would like that right now.", I said eyeing Mabel.

"Mabel doesn't need to know. Look, it's time we stop trying to be so "perfect" and be who we really are. We're crazed, angry, sweaty animals! We're not unicorns, we're WOMEN! AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!", Wendy said.
"That was convincing. Let's go.", I said.

Wendy then explained the plan to us.
It sounded pretty messed up but since this is a very strange town, a very strange plan might actually work.

We walked inside of some kind of gnome bar. Well Wendy kicked the door open dramatically.
„It's the cops! Hit the deck!"
Another gnome yeeted himself out of the window.

„I'm lookin' for someone who knows how to take down a unicorn! No tricks or games!", Wendy straight up said.
„We are human! We take what we want!", Candy added, smashing a bottle on a table.

„Fairy dust. A whole magic bag's enough to put a unicorn out cold. But if I do you a favor, you gotta do somethin' for me.", a more mysterious gnome in the back of the corner said.