Chapter 42

EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO StupidWeebo RN!!!

Y/N's POV:

„Oh now I know what that is!", I called out and snapped my fingers.
„What? What is it?", Dipper asked me.
I turned around swiftly. „This is the Bill Cipher Zodiac. Basically, a prophecy, if you will."

„It looks like the world's most confusing game of hopscotch.", Pacifica said. I laughed.

Ford stopped, as he was finished drawing the big thing on the ground. „No, it is in fact a prophecy. Although it would be a pretty fun game of hopscotch."

He stood back up and straightened his posture. „Many years ago I found eleven symbols in a cave. Some I recognized then, some I only recognize now. The native people of Gravity Falls prophesied that these symbols could create a force strong enough to vanquish Bill. With Bill defeated, his weirdness would be reversed and the town could be saved."

There was a short pause, where everyone just acknowledged the information we just got.

„This whole time I thought it was just superstition. But seeing you all here now, I finally understand that it's destiny. Dipper, the pine tree. Mabel, the shooting star.", Ford said and pointed at the twins.
They immediately stepped in the circle on their respective spots.

„The question mark. This one's unsolvable.", Soos, who was standing next to me, said.
I smiled and poked a finger on his belly. As he noticed the question mark on it, he gasped.
„Woah, duuuuude."

Wendy then pushed Robbie onto the broken heart symbol.
„That one's easy. You've been rockin' that dumb hoodie since the seventh grade.", she chuckled.
„Whoa. Destiny hoodie.", Robbie awed.

„The Tent of Telepathy sign! That must be Gideon.", Dipper now pointed out and Gideon took place.
„Whoo! An excuse to stand next to Mabel.", Gideon cheered.
„Don't turn this into a big deal.", Mabel replied.
„Oh, I won't!", he said waving his arms. „I will.", Gideon whispered afterwards.

I looked outside and saw how Bill found a weakness on the Shacktron. The legs weren't guarded by the shield so he ripped them out and the Shack fell onto the ground.
I nervously bit my lip. „Guys... we need to hurry."

„Hold hands, everyone. This is a mystical human energy circuit.", Ford said and everyone who stood next to someone grabbed their neighbour's hand.

„Ice? Who's ice?", Dipper asked.
„The symbols needn't all be literal, Dipper. It just has to be someone cool in the face of danger.", Stanford explained.
„Wendy! Wendy!", Lee, Nate, Tampry and Thompson cheered.
„Heheh. Shut up, you guys.", Wendy said a little embarrassed.

„Much like the spectacles need to be someone scholarly.", Ford commented and McGucket stepped onto the glasses symbol.

After that, Pacifica took a look at her sweater and then stood on the Llama symbol. „This is freaky."

Ford was looking to his right with furrowed eyebrows. Mabel looked at the symbol as well. Those were a pair of wings.
„Y/N your sweater!", Mabel giggled. I slightly widened my eyes.
Me?", I asked dumbfounded, pointing at my chest, as I heard my name.
Ford smiled and held out his hand for me to take.
I returned that smile.

„Now hold hands, everyone.", Ford said.
Pacifica didn't want to touch McGucket's hands at first, but she did it anyways.

Everyone in the circle began to glow. Thunder rumbled and smoke circled around the Fearamid.
„Great-uncle Ford! I think it's working!", Dipper cheered.