Chapter 29

„Okay stop relaxing we got somewhere to go!", Mabel interrupted the silence, which Stanford and I were enjoying. Ford stood up rather quickly. He stumbled around the desk, just to gaze at me confused. I just shrugged.

„Where are we going again?", I asked Mabel, who was about to sprint out of the room again. She stopped in her tracks.
„Oh you'll like it for sure!", she grinned and now fully ran out of the room.
„I do not really feel like this is going to be a pleasant surprise.", Ford chuckled. I agreed with him.

„Well, it's better to just go with it. Come on.", I said and pointed out of the door. He nodded and followed me. I put on a coat, as Mabel sprinted down the stairs again. She lead Stanley down, who looked rather disappointed.

"Aye, I didn't wanna come, how often do I need to tell ya? I'm not leaving today. I was outside enough already.", he said as he fumbled his hand out of his nieces' and walked upstairs.
Mabel only pouted. "Awe... okay."

But then she swiftly turned towards me and Ford with a big grin again. Dipper came downstairs now too.
"Did you tell them where we're heading?", Dipper asked his sister.
"Nope. And I won't. It's gonna be a big, awesome surprise!!"
Dipper put his hands in his pockets and simply nodded.

Mabel walked in front of all of us the whole time. I was still trying to figure out where we were going. But there was nothing coming to mind. We were surely not heading to Gideon's tent. And they were already at the diner as well, so where could we possibly be going?

"Still trying to riddle out our final destination?", Ford asked me amused with a lowered voice. I slightly chuckled.
"Yeah. I just can't imagine where she wants to go now. There's really nothing much exciting in Gravity Falls. ...Except for the woods, I mean.", I said and added the last part with a smile.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?", Mabel asked us, as she caught us whispering.
Ford straightened his back.
"Oh, nothing. You're a great guide, by the way.", I quickly said as I saw her marching.
"Why, thank you! I was literally made for guiding people! No matter in what direction. Could be love, or in our case... fun!", she said as she pointed at a huge house that was standing right in front of us now.

It wasn't an actual house, though. It was some kind of tent that was standing behind a huge, poorly painted picture of a house that was glued on a wooden platform. It was black and there were some skeletons hanging at the wall. Although they seemed to be hanging onto dear life. ...or death.

"What... is this?", Ford asked, speaking exactly what I said in my mind.
"Welcome to Frank's super duper spooky Halloween horror circus with skeletons and more!", A guy in a blue suit yelled, as he suddenly jumped out of a trash can next to me.
I got startled and bumped into Stanford's shoulder.
„Sorry..", I mumbled and stepped away a bit.
Ford only made a hand gesture which said that it didn't matter.

„That name is a bit long, if you ask me.", Dipper said quietly to himself.
„Or FSDSHHCWSAM for short.", the blue guy now added without missing a single letter. He definitely practiced this before. There's no way someone could actually say that.
Dipper blinked two times. „...That's even worse. I like it."
The blue guy now shook everyone's hand. „Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome! It is a true pleasure to be meeting you! You came here for a reason, no? Of course you did, everyone does!"

„Okay?... But what exactly is this?", I asked, pointing at the painting that was slowly coming off.
„Frank's super duper spooky Halloween horror circus with skeletons and more!", the guy said happily as before.
„No... I mean, what do we do there? Is it like a normal circus?", I repeated my question.