Chapter 14

I woke up and looked directly next to me. Mabel and Dipper were still sleeping.

I grabbed my wrist watch. It was 5 am.
I mean, I went to bed early yesterday.
My stomach growled.
And I didn't eat dinner either.

With a long yawn, I grabbed some new clothes and went into the bathroom.
Ahh, it feels so good to have a hot shower in the morning. And I felt so dirty yesterday. But I was simply too tired to take a shower then.

I still had some bruises here and there but they weren't that bad. Just some scratches and a blue eye. But it was looking MUCH better than yesterday.
This stupid unicorn actually kicked me in the face. You know. Hooves.

I just hope that the other girls are fine too. Wendy also had a pretty bad blue eye. I don't know what happened to her though.
But Mabel seemed pretty unharmed. Except for her hand and hair. But that's something that will heal soon.

I got out of the bathroom, washed and dressed.
Now it was time for breakfast. Again, my stomach was already crying for food.
I decided to make pancakes again, since everyone seemed to love them. And they're pretty simple.

As soon as I put the first ones on the plates I heard footsteps coming in my direction. It were heavy steps.

"Stan? Up that soon?", I chuckled not looking at the doorframe.
"Close but no.", Ford said, grinning.
"Oh!", I said turning around.

Say something. That was a dumb response. QUICK. THINK.
"You're Ford."

Wow.
He chuckled and rubbed his neck.
"I'm sorry. I'm still tired.", I laughed awkwardly.
"No question, you girls looked truly exhausted yesterday.", Ford said widening his eyes.
"Yeah it really was.", I responded.
"How did you get all this stuff anyways?", he asked sitting down at the table.
"Well, at first this unicorn told us stuff like 'you gotta have a true pure heart to get some of my hair'. But after Mabel did literally everything for becoming a better person, she still denied. So we fought her. And turned out it was all a scam just to keep away the humans.", I explained and Ford nodded.

"You met them too, didn't you?", I grinned.
Ford blushed. "Well, ah- yeah. I gave up, honestly, pretty quickly."
"I definitely understand that. I always imagined unicorns to be so magical and kind and bla bla bla... but that they turned out being THAT mean. Wow. And Mabel must have been feeling pretty much the same as I did. Maybe she even was way more frustrated than I was."

Ford laughed. "However, you all did great. And, I must thank you again for watching over the girls.", he said still smiling.
I smiled back and was about the respond as I paused and furrowed my brows.
I sniffed. "What smells so weir- OH THE PANCAKES!"
I spun around and got the pancake, which was all black and burned, out of the pan.
"Aw man. This one's a flop.", I said throwing it in the bin under the sink.

I heard Ford chuckling behind me but didn't look. I was so embarrassed.
Seriously what is wrong with me today?

I coughed awkwardly. "How come you're up here anyways?"
"Why? Don't you like my company?", he grinned, raising one of his eyebrows.
I blushed. "Wha- NO. No. Nonono. That's not it. I was just wondering, you know?"
I heard him laughing softly again.
"I was just teasing you, Y/N."

*timescip

„It's so boring today.", Mabel groaned and fell dramatically from the armchair.
„I'm surprised your not tired after the fight yesterday.", I chuckled.
She grinned at me. „That's because of my Mabel juice! It holds all the energy I need for a day. You should try some too."
My smile frowned. „Uhhh... I... I really don't want to swallow a plastic dinosaur by accident, Mabel.", I said, scratching my neck.
I also don't want to drink glitter, to be honest.