Chapter 18

I woke up, being wrapped in some really nice fabric. Its smell calmed me down and it was nicely warm.
I remembered what happened last night and my eyes shot open.
Shoot! I fell asleep! Aw man, and my little dumbass even promised Ford to stay awake.
I yawned and looked around.
"Huh?"
No one was here.

I got worried and also panicked a lot.
Why would they leave without me? And why do I still have his coat?
I stood up and took off the coat. With it in my hands, I walked outside of the small hut.
To my relief, I saw everyone sitting at a small campfire. It was sunny, but pretty cold. So a fire wasn't a bad idea, after all, I guess.
The tikis were sitting at the fire too.

One of them spotted me and ran towards me.
"Odomu!", it cheered. "Todo, Buka guru. Mosi."
It gave me a bowl with... Uhm... porridge?
I looked at Stanford, who was gently smiling at me. I slightly blushed.

"Here. Thanks for giving it to me. I didn't freeze at all thanks to it.", I said smiling, and gave him back his coat.
He nodded. "No problem." And put it on.
Mabel looked between us and raised one of her eyebrows. But before she could say anything I quickly asked: "How did you guys sleep?"
"Good, good.", Dipper mumbled and ate whatever was in his bowl. It seemed to taste really good because even Mabel gobbled down her food.

"I slept like a baby!", she said, with food in her mouth. I smiled at her.
Ford didn't answer. He probably didn't even sleep last night again.. ugh, why did I even wake him up?! Now he's probably all tired.

I looked at the bowl in my hands and began eating.
It tasted... surprisingly good!
"Mhh! What is that??", I asked.
"Gusha."
I looked at them with kind of a sad but still amused smile.
"I really wish I could understand you guys."
The tikis looked at each other and then to us. They began talking but honestly, I don't know about what.

A sudden sound made all of us jump up. The tikis didn't react at all.
"Good Morning Players. I hope you spent the night well. Since you did a side quest, which includes, helping the tiki folk, you may go to field 70."

I looked at Mabel grinning, she also smiled ear to ear. She then squeaked and jumped up and down. I joined Ford's chuckling.

"Alright. It was nice meeting you, tiki folk. I'd like to say, we'll meet again but, honestly, I really hope we won't. This game is really... rousing but we need to get to our world again. So, goodbye!", I said and we all said goodbye to our new friends. Some of the tikis even cried, if I'm predicting it right, since we still only saw their masks and not their face.

We walked away, waving.
I sighed. "That was nice."
"Indeed, we made a side quest without even knowing and got to help those tikis AND even skipped some fields.", Dipper agreed.
Mabel laughed. "I really liked them. Sad that we'll leave soon."
"Yes, I kind of enjoyed our stay here too.", Ford smiled, looking forwards.
I was caught off guard. I stared at him for some time before snapping back.

We eventually reached the fields.
"You've reached field 70. The questions will now get more serious. As you might have already noticed, they were based on each other every round. That stops now. The questions and tasks you'll get from here are coincidentally."
I made a shocked sound.
"Oh...", Ford mumbled.

"Dipper. Task or question?"
"I'll take a question, please.", he said a bit unsure.
"What book influenced you the most?"
Dipper snorted. "Ford's journal."
I giggled. "Now that's for sure.", I grinned.
Ford shortly glanced at me and then Dipper.

"Y/N. Task or question?"
"I'll take a question as well."
"How important is trust in a relationship for you?"
"Oh, really important. Where would you even go when you don't have trust. No no, that would just drive you insane.", I said after a short thinking pause.

"Mabel. Task or question?"
"A question, please!"
"What life-changing event have you experienced?"
"Uhh... let's see... well going to Gravity Falls, maybe? Oh no, I know! Meeting all my ex flames. Yup, definitely. This changed my life in so many ways."

Dipper sighed.
"She has more exes than I ever will...", I quietly mumbled and smiled a bit.
Dipper immediately started laughing and Ford began chuckling. Mabel looked at me with a grin.
"You're the one who never tried to get a boyfriend!", she giggled.
"Because I didn't feel like I need one!", I responded still laughing.

"Stanford. Task or question?"
"Question."
"What superpowers did you wish you had when you were a kid?"
Ford looked startled and adjusted his glasses.
"Well, mind reading, yes."

"Congratulations you've reached field 71."
We cheered again.
"Ahh I'm so glad this will be over soon.", Diper sighed.
"Oh come on! It's fun!", Mabel said.

"Dipper. Task or question?"
"Question."
"What quality in a person do you fall in love with?"
Dipper blushed.
"Well... Uhm..."
"Pff, easy. Wendy.", Mabel said and snapped her fingers.
"Mabel please!", Dipper exhaled with a red face.
"Well, a cool type of person. I mean, a person who stays cool, no matter what. Someone who doesn't think I'm weird for being the way I am. Someone who... well, someone who accepts me."
"That was kind of cute, Dipper.", Mabel said and he blushed again.
"Whatever.", he mumbled.

"Y/N. Task or question?"
"A question again, please."
"What is your secret hobby that others would consider weird?"
I blinked. "Uhhh..."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well, a lot of my friends from school said that I read too much. But... I don't really have... a weird hobby. Except for monster hunting, I guess.", I added at the end and chuckled.
The game accepted my answer.

"Mabel. Task or question?"
"Question!"
"How do you cope with stressful situations?"
"How do I cope with stressful situations?... well, simply: I don't. I like to look at the bright side of things. And even if there aren't any, my bro bro helps me. Always."
I smiled. Ford also had a heart melting smile drawn on his lips.

"Stanford. Task or question?"
"Ah, question."
"Are you a cat or a dog person, and why?"
Ford scratched his head.
"A... cat person?? I just think they would be easier to hold. I wouldn't have the time to go out with a dog more than twice a day."
I nodded.
"Congratulations. You've reached field 72."

"Dipper. Task or question?"
"Do you prefer looks or brains?"
"What a question, definitely brains.", he said, while rolling his eyes.
I smiled. It's good that he thinks that way. There are way too many people who would have said 'looks'.

"Y/N. Task or question?"
I snapped back. "Oh, question."
"Have you experienced losing someone you care a lot about?"
I sighed shakily. "Yes."
"Who was it?", Dipper asked.
"Dipper!", Mabel said and hit Dipper on the head. "You don't have to answer that, Y/N.", she said looking at me again.
"No, it's okay really.", I smiled. "I lost my grandma. It sure doesn't sound like a big loss but, to me she was the best human I've ever met. She cared more for me than my parents.", I smiled looking at the ground.
"I'm... sorry for your loss.", Ford said, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Ahh, thats a long time ago. It's okay, really.", I responded shaking my head.
Ford shortly gave me a sad smile.

"Mabel. Task or question?"
"...question."
"If you were given a chance to swap places with somebody for a day, who would you choose?"
"Oh my god.", Dipper groaned. "We did that once.", he explained after I gave him a short confused glare.
"What?!", both me and Ford said shocked.
As we noticed, we looked at each other and as our eyes met, we began laughing.

"I'll tell that to you guys another time.", Dipper simply said.
"I'd probably switch with Pacifica.", Mabel then said.
"What? Why her?", Dipper asked, looking confused.
"I really wanna know how it's like to be rich for a day.", she giggled.

"Stanford. Task or question?"
"Question."
"What is that one thing other people do that you find amusing?"
He chuckled. "Ranting about something they're excited about. Yes, that's it, probably."

I smiled to myself.