Chapter 32

Ahaha- you guys seemed to like my last piece, and since I'm obsessed with this man in general, I obviously drew another picture. Hope this will quench your thirst for now lmao.

Y/N's point of view:

I woke up drenched in sweat. I sat bolt upright on the white mattress in the twins' room. The two of them were no longer laying in their beds.
I placed my hand on my chest to feel my heartbeat and calm myself down.
That was a strange dream...

I grabbed some new clothes and headed into the bathroom.
After a long, enjoyable shower, I put on my clothes and walked downstairs.
The others were all sitting at the dining table in the kitchen. Even Stanford was there.

"Good Morning.", Mabel greeted me with a smile, which I returned.
Immediately, Ford's head popped up to me. He also smiled at me.
Dipper and Stan gave me a slight good morning nod.

There was a big plate with sandwiches on the table.
"Grab one, Y/N.", Stanley said, as if he knew what I was thinking.
"Thanks, Stan.", I replied and grabbed one.

"Any plans for today?", I asked, munching on the toast.
The twins looked at each other and then back to me. Stanley didn't reply and just sipped on his coffee.
Stanford looked at the kids as well.

"Well, not really.", Mabel then said.
I nodded with a shrug. "Good too."

After I finished eating, I left the kitchen to get one of my books. I've probably already read them all but I didn't know what else to do.
As I was about to go up the stairs, a hand pulled me back. I almost fell.
It was Stanford.

"I actually wanted to ask if you'd like to come with me to an investigation today.", he said quietly.
I shortly looked over his shoulder, towards the kitchen with a confused look.
"What about the kids?"
"No no... the part of the forest is too dangerous, too unknown... for them to go there, I mean.", he explained.
I slowly nodded once. "And it's safe enough for me to go there?", I asked with one of my eyebrows raised.
Ford snickered. "I wouldn't ask you if I didn't think you could do it."
"Alright. I'm in. When do we go?"
"How about now?"

Stanford's point of view:

"Did Mabel ask you anything about yesterday?", I spoke up after a while. A small grin settled onto my lips, remembering what happened yesterday.
I looked at Y/N from the corner of my eye.

"Of course she did. I told her the truth. I fell asleep in your room. That's it."
"That's it?", I chuckled.
"Well, that's all she needs to know.", she smirked.
I didn't reply. I just kept on chuckling.

"Stanford?..", Y/N then started again.
She sounded somewhat more serious. I turned my head towards her.
"Yes?"
"When will we tell them?", Y/N asked looking me deeply in my eyes.
"I really do want to tell them I just... I just don't want to ruin what we have, you know? Stanley probably wouldn't like us being together."
"So then what are we, if we're not together?", she asked with a sad expression.

I sighed and stopped walking. I took her hands in mine and began to stroke them.
"I love you, Y/N. And that's not going to change, ever. These feelings are just new for me and...", I stopped to search for words.
She kept on looking at me with high hopes.
"I don't know if what we do is right. All I know is that it feels right. And my mom taught me to trust my intuition. So that's what I'll do. We will make it official soon, love. Just... let me think about how I'm going to tell Stan, alright?"

She slightly smiled and pecked my cheek. "Okay.", she whispered.

We continued walking further into the forest.
"What exactly are we even supposed to look for?"
"A pegasus."
With those words leaving my mouth, I saw Y/N flinching and holding her ears. She knelt down a bit, leaving me concerned and confused.
"Y/N! What's wrong?", I rushed to her side.
She was pressing her teeth together. It looked like she was having a mild panic attack.
But she looked like she was calming down rather quickly again.