Chapter 19

We reached field 80 by now. It was pretty exhausting because the question just kept getting deeper and deeper. Mabel and Dipper each answered one question wrong. I got barely away with one of my answers and Stanford seemed... uh... unharmed.

"Ah! Finally back at field 80.", Dipper groaned.
"It's all our fault. I'm sorry", Mabel said, with an awkward smile and scratched her neck.
"No, it's literally not. I answered a question wrong too, forgot? And look how far we came, it's not a big deal after all.", I cheered her up.
"Y/N's right. You don't have to worry about it. We will get out of here soon enough.", Ford added.

"Dipper. Task or question?"
Dipper got a bit startled. "Question."
"Please don't be too difficult...", he added mumbling.
"What's Mabel's favourite colour?"
Dipper blinked a few times.
"Uhh..."
"Bro-Bro?!", she gasped.
"I-I'm sorry. Wait... pink?"
It was correct.
Mabel put her arms on her hips with a serious look on her face.
But she didn't say anything.

"Y/N. Task or question?"
"Question."
"What zodiac sign is Dipper?"
"Virgo.", I said immediately.
"Oh-", Dipper said surprised. I chuckled.

"Mabel. Task or question?"
"Question!"
"What's Y/N's favourite food?"
"Oh, I know this one! It's f/f!" (Favourite food)
I smiled proudly. "Correct."

"Stanford. Task or question?"
"I'll take a question as well."
"What's Dipper's favourite game?"
"I'm not quite sure but... Dungeons, Dungeons and more dungeons might be it?"
Dipper nodded smiling.
Ford exhaled relieved.

I began to get a little bit concerned. Ford definitely knows the least about us. Especially about me and Mabel.
If he can only guess, we're not going to make it out of here soon.

"Congratulations. You've reached field 81.
Dipper. Task or question?"
"Question."
"What's something that always cheers Mabel up when she's sad?"
Dipper laid a finger on his chin and thought quietly to himself. He began mumbling stuff I couldn't really understand.
I looked at Ford, who was also glancing at me.
"When we do something together?", Dipper then said, rather guessing. But it was correct.

"Y/N. Task or question?"
"A question, please."
"What are Stanford's talents?"
I raised my eyebrows and looked at him.
"Well, he can draw for sure.", I said. "And he's really good with science.", I then added and chuckled.
It was correct. I was really relieved.
"Mabel. Task or question?"

"You really think drawing is one of my talents?", Ford suddenly asked, which made me stop listening to what was happening to Mabel right now.
"I sure do! Like, did you even look at that?", I said poking at his journal, he kept in his pocket.
Ford chuckled a bit embarrassed.
"No, but to be honest, you're really good. In all that, I mean. The whole documenting and drawing and...", I stopped as I finally looked at him again.
"Ah- sorry.", I mumbled grinning.

His smile only grew wider till he began to laugh.
"I appreciate it, really. Thank you.", he said.
We turned around again to see Mabel stumping her foot onto the ground.
"Hey hey! It's okay, I wouldn't have known either- Mabel- hey, ouch!", Dipper tried to calm her down, but failing, as what it looked like.
I quickly went to her side.

Unfortunately Mabel didn't know something about me, that really seemed to not sit right with her. Since we are 'best of friends' , as she said.
I told her it wasn't important and that we would get it somehow.
But... it was getting dark pretty quickly again.
We switched between the fields 86 and 83 really often. It was quite rushing.
As the game stopped talking to us again, I sat down on the ground and groaned.

"You're joking, right?", Dipper said.
"What do you mean?", Mabel asked confused, but also really tired.
"We are at field 84. And it's almost night time again. We'll never make it out of here if we keep playing like this!", he explained. His nerves were bare.