Chapter 37

Y/N's point of view:

I opened my eyes with a groan. There was a permanent ringing in my ears, which made me pretty uncomfortable and nervous.
My hand rested on my head, that was throbbing painfully.
I flinched.
Ow, what the heck happened?

My vision slowly came back and I noticed Stanford kneeling in front of me and putting his hands on my shoulders.
He had a concerned look on his face. As he noticed that I was looking at his eyes again, he seemed pretty relieved.

"Y/N? Can you hear me?", he asked me.
I slowly nodded, still dazed from the ringing in my ears.
"Oh Lord, good. I- ... I really thought that was going to be it.", Ford replied with some heavy breaths following. He was suppressing his tears.

I was going to say something, something to comfort him, to tell him that I was fine, but the stinging in my head got worse. I winced again and ended up crouching on the floor.
Ford was saying something, but I couldn't pay attention to his words.
It felt like hell. Was I dying? Is this what it feels like?

I tried to avoid blacking out, fearing that I probably wouldn't wake up again.
"Hey, hey. Stay with me, alright? D-Dipper's getting help.", Ford's panicked voice said.
I looked up to him, my breath hitching.
Stanford was looking in all different directions, hoping for Dipper to appear behind one of the trees.

Before I knew it, I was snuggled up in his arms. I didn't even notice him wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tight. Everything felt like an odd dream. So surreal.

"You're so cold...", he whispered under his breath and began to rub my arms.
I placed my head onto his chest and listened to his heartbeat. While trying to focus on something different than the pain, I was also still trying to stay awake.

But then something popped and all I heard was silence. I looked up to see Ford's lips moving, but there was no sound. Everything was silent. I looked around, feeling my heart start to race in my chest. Silence.
Everything around me started spinning and I grabbed Stanford's jacked harshly, scared of what would happen next.
I couldn't breathe normally, and my heart pumped against my chest.
I was having a panic attack.

"Geez, calm down, would ya?", an echoing voice appeared to my left side.
I glanced towards it, and saw a yellow shimmering triangle.
I widened my eyes. Bill snapped his fingers and suddenly I felt... nothing. The pain was gone and so was my headache.

I looked up at Stanford, who was frozen with his mouth opened.

"How are you doing this?", I asked him with hesitation.
"Please, doll, I am a demon."
I narrowed my eyes. "You have no control over this world, Cipher. Get the fuck out of my head."

He threw his hands up in the air. "Woah! Slow down, princess. Didn't I just help you? What about your little head? Doesn't feel better?"
I kept silent. It did feel better than before and hell did I not want to go back to my state before.

"I have to say, you made it pretty difficult for me.", Cipher then changed the subject with a lower voice than usual.
"What do you mean?", I returned hesitantly.
"For some odd reason I wasn't able to contact you. Wether in your dreams nor in the day. But now, I could simply dive into your head."

"What are you getting at?"
"What are you hiding, Y/N? What is your secret?", Bill asked, coming closer to me.
"I really don't know what you're even talking about. The only thing that I know is that you won't win whatever weird game you're playing, Cipher."