17

(TRIGGER WARNING!!)

(TRIGGER WARNING!!)

..

I have a faint memory of what my mom looks like in real life. I only have one picture of her and dad. Even though I despise them for what they did to me, it sits on top of my dresser with the rest of my pictures.

Same with the picture I have of my grandpa. Sometimes when I was younger, I looked at that picture to think of a life where they wouldn't have abandoned me.

Would we be on a summer vacation in some pretty place like Hawaii? Or having a family dinner that doesn't involve Soma and Joichiro going head to head?

Or maybe just enjoying time together.

Sometimes I still wonder. What having my last name as L/N would be like. It is still is technically my legal last name but nobody uses it because they respect me enough.

And sometimes I wonder how I would interact with Soma and his parents. Would we even talk to each other?

Would we know each other? Well, maybe. I mean Joichiro was friends with my parents. Did they go to Tohtsuki? I have absolutely no idea.

I used to waste so much time thinking about them when I probably never crossed their mind. Or maybe I did? Once, maybe twice? I am their kid after all.

Did they even want to give me up? Did they leave me at my grandpa's house and meant to come get me back but Grandpa didn't tell them I lived with the Yukihira's? Do they think I'm dead?

Are they dead?

Joichiro, Grandpa, someone would have told me. You couldn't keep something like that hidden for a while. And I could finally confirm my mother being alive right now. Because I'm seeing her right in front of me.

..

My eyes focused on Soma laying on the floor, arms behind his head as he looked at the ceiling. I'm guessing the same thought was on both of our minds.

How are we going to make this fried chicken?

I got up from the wooden chair I was previously sitting in and walked over to him, crouching down. "Move over." He obeyed and I took in the space he was just at before.

"Soma.." I started, but stopped as I noticed he was deep in thought. He gasped to which my eyebrows rose. "What is it?"

"Ah, Nikumi? It's Yukihira!" I pursed my lips as Soma was on the phone with Mito.

I could hear her voice faintly. She sounded startled talking about her phone number or something.

"Ah, sorry, I asked Konishi-san for it." Soma responded looking over at me. I didn't break the eye contact.

She talked more and I heard something along the lines of, "S-s-so, what do you want?"