20

..

It's a little bit over a month until the Fall Selection. Everyone's panicking, trying to find curry recipes to make. I'm trying to stay calm, but Hayama's curry still lays in the back of my mind. How am I going to top that?

"Generally, about 40 varieties of spices are used in curries. Of these, 10 to 20 varieties are selected and blended together." Yuki reads.

I'm with her, Megumi, and Ryoko. We're all trying to come up with something. I sigh and lean back in my chair.

"I don't think you can just mix them randomly, though, or the flavors would cancel each other out." Ryoko chimes in.

"Should we use the spices whole, or powdered, or raw? Plus, we have to choose a recipe and the oil to draw out its aroma. Also, do we use roasting or ripening methods? How will the ingredients interact? There's so much to consider!" Megumi babbles. She falls onto the floor.

I look at her stunned, she's freaking out a lot. I bend down to her and she's out cold like Soma the other day. I wave my hand in front of her face in hopes she'll sense it and come back to us.

"Come back to us!" Yuki shouts, "MEGUMI!!!!"

..

August is here, some Kyokusei residents are going back to their hometown, but Soma and I decided we will stay here. I smile looking over at him.

"You're heading back today too, huh?" Soma asks Megumi. She has her luggage all packed up and ready.

"Yeah! It's the Bon Festival, plus I want to try combining some of the spices and ingredients from my hometown." She explained. I nod, smiling at her now.

"I see. Good luck." Soma and I say in unison. We look at each other with widened eyes, before looking back at Megumi.

"Good luck to you guys too! It looks like you'll be the only two first-years here for a while." Megumi said, looking between us.

"Still, you won't have to worry about me being bored. I have Y/N." He exclaims, beginning to wrap an arm around my shoulder. I look at him, my eyes widening bigger than before. He has me...

I laugh and push his arm off. "Yeah, we won't be bored. I'll miss you though, Megumi."

"I'll miss you too, Y/N! See you two soon." Megumi says, giving us one last smile. I run up to her and pull her into a hug. We pull away and I pout.

"Yeah, bring me back a souvenir." I look back at Soma as he says it. She nods and walks off.

Three weeks until the Fall Selection...

..

The days are passing by faster and faster. It's been quiet at Polar Star. It would be sort of a lie if I say I don't miss the loudness.