29

...

A few days after the Fall Selection, I was aware of another thing happening at Tohtsuki from Shiomi-senpai. The "Stagiaire", they call it. It is a program to send high school first years to various businesses in the food industry. Shiomi said we have to leave a mark on the places we go to pass the program. It will allow me to work somewhere new besides Yukihira's restaurant and classes at Tohtsuki, so it should be a good opportunity.

The first training site is tackled in pairs. I don't care who I get as long as they aren't like that jerk Mimasaka. Even thinking about him gives me goosebumps. I'm standing with Soma at the train station right now and we're waiting for our partners. I'm kind of sad we're not partners but I don't say that. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look behind to see... Ibusaki-kun?

"Huh? Seems like we both have purple-haired partners!" Soma said, grabbing my shoulder and laughing. I turn to see who he has as his partner and to my surprise it's Erina's secretary, Hisako. She looks at me and I'm uncertain what to say, but she doesn't seem happy to see me at all. I feel like this conversation could go South so I finish it quickly by laughing awkwardly at Soma's joke.

"That's funny, Soma. I'll talk to you later, answer the phone." I smile at him and he smiles back before walking away with Hisako-san. I look over to Ibusaki who's been quiet at my left and he smiles at me. I'm fortunate to say I'm glad he's my partner.

Everyone may say he's mysterious and quiet but over the time I've gotten to know him he reminds me a bit of Soma. They are both two peas in a pod when it comes to losing, they hate it but try to act like everything is fine when it happens.

"So, Ibusaki, do you know what restaurant we're going to?" I look over at him and he shows me the paper. On it reads, "The Flaming Table".

"Oh, a hibachi place? Cool." I say, excited and he nods.

..

...

....

Not so cool, as soon as we get to the restaurant the owner is giving us aprons and pushing us into the kitchen and doesn't even give us a chance to look around. We go to the changing room and I let Ibusaki change into the uniform first.

He exits and the blue of the shirt and the brown of the apron looks quite nice on him. I change into my uniform. I exit the changing room and strike a pose for Ibusaki. He claps and I pose one more time. I put my hair into a ponytail with a hair tie and tie my apron in the back.

"Alright, let's get to work, Ibusaki." I hear the bustling customers and mentally prepare myself for what we are about to do.

..

TIME SKIP - Last Day of the Internship

Me and Ibusaki are a perfect team; we are moving in harmony, and it's like this isn't the first time. Maybe it's because I've been paired with Soma for so long and they are similar that we work so well. We've helped the restaurant revamp the menu and improve the dishes they have. They had way too many complicated things on the menu so we've simplified it to staples they should have.