7

..

"Here at the Academy, there's a system for resolving disputes between students. And it involves a few different rules." Senpai explained and my eyes widened in curiosity.

"If you want to challenge me for the No. 7 seat, you have to offer something of corresponding value." I yawned and took a sip of the warm tea in my cup, after doing so I placed my head on my hand looking disinterested.

"Corresponding value? To the 7th seat?" Soma questioned. Isshiki placed a finger under his lip and looked down in thought.

"Something on the level of my seat... even you being expelled wouldn't be enough." I raised an eyebrow at him and looked to Soma who was on the side of me.

"For real?" He exclaimed moving forward in his seat. "That's right." Fumio-san said. We all looked to her surprised.

"That's how much weight the Ten carry. After all, they're the highest decision-making body on campus. Not even the teachers can go against a ruling made by the council of Ten." She explained and my jaw dropped.

Wow, they're really that powerful?

"In the past, residents from this very dorm would join the Ten almost every year. It was truly the golden age of Kyosukei."

I felt a sense of proudness as my lips curled into a smile. But then I started to question whether she was bluffing or not. I mean a lot of students from this haunted house joined the Ten? Wow.

"By comparison, you all are just pathetic." She said and my jaw dropped even further. Well, my morning is ruined.

"Jeez, Fumio-san, you want to talk about that again." Yuki said raising an eyebrow teasingly at Fumio-san. I closed my agape mouth and started to smile at what Yuki said.

"Well, that's that. You could challenge me if I accepted, but of course I don't want you to leave our school. Put simply... this challenge isn't going to happen." I deadpanned at Isshiki as I took another sip of my tea.

It's just so annoying hearing everyone talk this early. I wish they would lower their volume a little, I'm sensitive to everything in the morning.

I looked down and realized I was still in my pajamas. I let a sigh escape my lips. I don't know why I was expecting for my clothes just to magically change.

And everyone saw them already so what was the point in changing? Might as well get comfortable with these people. I took another sip of my tea and looked at Soma awaiting his answer.

"For real? And I was up at 5:00 am this morning ready to go." Soma whined and I looked to him baffled on why he would want to get up that early. Anyway....

"In any case, going for the No. 7 seat..." Ryoko started before Megumi-chan interrupted. "It's too reckless!"

I titled my head and thought about it. She had a point but Soma wasn't the type to be worried about that. "They'd probably think he's an idiot." I almost spit out my tea hearing Yuki's words. I swallowed it and started to laugh quietly.