23

...

14 years old

"Soma, I'm so bored. Why do we have so many customers today?" I said, making an exaggerated unimpressed face. He looked at me and got super close to my face. I was taken aback.

"Why are you making that face?" He then proceeded to mimic me. I deadpanned at him before slapping him on the back.

"Oh, shut up. You love this face." The last part slipped out of my mouth and I side-eyed him to see his reaction. His smile grew wider as he finished putting food on a plate.

"I don't know about that." He made a scrunched-up face and I rolled my eyes as he walked away. I watched him walk away, smiling to myself. Then I caught what the hell I was doing. I slapped myself in the face. Oh, what is wrong with me?

I looked at him again, serving a customer. I smiled again but stopped and turned as I saw him walking back over. I side-eye him again and he's looking at me.

"I think you burned the food." He points and I look down at the fryer in front of me. My eyes widen and I look at him and back at the fryer. I feel heat crawl up my skin.

"Oh."

"Don't worry. I'll handle this, you give those two orders to the customers." I nod, as he pushes past me, sending electricity through me. I gulp and shake my head.

For a moment I thought I almost...

Nevermind.

...

Today I woke up to a text from Isshiki-senpai asking me to meet him in the garden. He wants to discuss something with me apparently. Said it's urgent. It's the day after our celebration of the Fall Selection and I can't get my mind off of something.

I keep hearing Soma's laugh in my brain. It's on an ongoing loop. And I get angry just thinking about how I kissed his cheek yesterday. And not because I did it, but because I missed his lips.

I don't know what's happening to me. I must be going insane. Probably from all the pressure of the Fall Selection. I reply okay to Isshiki's text and get up from my bed.

..

On my way to the garden, I spot Ibusaki holding a chainsaw. He looks at me and I pause in place. I wave and he sets the chainsaw down as I walk towards him.

"Hey, Shun," I say, putting my hands together. "Good Morning." he nods and we just look at each other for a little bit silently. I clear my throat.

"I guess I'll get going now.." I turn but he gently grabs my hand and pulls me around. Our hands linger before we both pull away. We look at each other in silence again.

"Sorry. I just wanted to say good job on getting 94 points." He tries to smile but fails. I smile and give him a short side hug.

"Uh, thanks Ibusaki. I'll see you later." I pat him on his shoulder. I remember Yuki's words from yesterday about him being depressed in his room. "Oh and... I heard you got 88 points, right? Good job to you too, Shun." I give him one last smile before walking away.