3

I gulped and turned to Soma, guess going to a cooking school like this isn't dumb?

As it turns out Soma's dad is in New York. He told us he just got in America and planned to cook in cities on the east coast.

"Hey, Soma. If you and Y/N can't survive academy until graduation, you guys can keep your hopes of surpassing me goodbye as a pipe dream." I heard Soma's dad say through the phone. I rolled my eyes at the comment.

I'm not going to just surpass Yukihira's dad, I'm going to surpass both of them. I smiled and giggled to myself. "Weirdo," Soma mumbled. 

I nudged him. He glared at me and I nervously laughed. He rolled his eyes and turned away from me.

"Just watch me!" He said excitedly. I could hear Soma's dad say, "Good." I looked around and scanned the atmosphere we were in.

 There were so many people that seemed above me. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I don't know if I can survive at this school. Soma hung up on his dad and put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry Y/N, we are going to ace this." 

I suddenly felt relieved hearing that. I swatted his hand off my shoulder, "Thanks, Soma."

Soma and I started to walk and he seemed to be angry. He kicked a bench with his foot and it startled me.

 There was a guy there drinking tea and I cursed Soma in my mind for bothering one of these rich kids. "Oh, sorry." Too late now to say sorry Soma, we should just run while we can.

I started to walk off until Soma grabbed me by my shirt. "I didn't mean to kick your seat." He apologized. "No need to apologize." The guy with the tea sounded so sweet, I was shocked. Are people here actually nice?

"You're also applying for a transfer, right?" He started, "Take a seat." We both sat down and I smiled nervously not knowing what to expect. 

"With High School qualifying exam results being announced for Totsuki's junior high division, and exams being held for people like us hoping to transfer in, things are pretty lively." I nodded and looked around seeing things were pretty busy actually.

"I'm Nikaido Yoshiaki. My family runs a French restaurant." He explained. "Oh, what a coincidence. Mine runs a restaurant, too." Soma said, right then and there I knew Nikaido wasn't talking about our type of restaurant. 

"That may not be such a coincidence. That guy over there's the heir to a national restaurant chain, and that one's family runs a seafood wholesale business that supplies the entire Kanto region." My mouth went agape at that.

He was definitely not talking about our type of restaurant.

"Almost everyone here has a cooking industry pedigree of some sort. What's your place's name?" Yup, it was over for us, I tried to drag Soma away but he didn't budge. "Oh. Yukihira."