13

..

11 years ago.

"This is Y/N. She'll live with us from now on. Be nice, Soma."

He eyed me down with a slight look of curiosity mixed with confusion. I bit my bottom lip and walked up to him.

"H-hi." I mumbled, looking at him. He blinked twice and cleared his throat.

"Hello.. your grandpa abandoned you right?"

It was silence between us until Soma's mom cleared her throat and grabbed Soma by his shoulder. He gasped as she pulled him away. Soma's dad turned me around by my shoulders.

He bent down to my level and gave me a smile. "Do you like cooking?" He asked me and my eyes widened.

"C-cooking? I.. I like eating better." I said to him and he let out a laugh.

"Well... Y/N, I'll teach you to cook here. And you can eat the food after you're done. Okay?" He said, sending a wink. I just smiled at him as a response. My eyes trailed to Soma, getting scolded by his mom.

"Don't pay too much attention to Soma. I don't know why he was acting so weird towards you. He's usually more kind." Soma's dad said which made me look back at him.

I nodded and suddenly an idea to came to mind. "Mr. Yukihira... instead of L/N.... can.. can my last name be.. Yukihira too?" I said shyly looking between the floor and at his eyes. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Sure. You're apart of our family now. Yukihira is your name now." He ruffled my hair with his hand and I giggled.

"Now, you said you liked eating.. so should I make you something?" He asked and I looked at him in awe. He raised an eyebrow at me and I felt myself bite my lip again.

A tear fell from my eye and I wiped it quickly. I promised myself I wouldn't cry again.

"Sorry.. yeah.. that would be nice.." I mumbled and he grabbed my hand.

..

I'm jealous.

So jealous.

I'm jealous of everyone at Tohtsuki. I'm jealous of Megumi, Yuki, Ryoko, Marui, and everyone else that became friends with Soma fast.

They became friends with him in a couple of days. I had to work 8 long years before he could even hold a conversation with me.

I never really understood the concept of friendships and relationships. Why even talk to them if they were going to ignore you or abandon you in the end? We all die, so why spend time worrying about others?