18

..

So far beating the Mozuya chicken shop was going... pretty bad. Well, let's not say pretty bad.

Let's say, in need of improvement. The chicken we made was good, but it just didn't compare to Mozuya's.

"None of them are bad, but they're just kind of normal. We've tried different seasonings and changing up the batter, but..." Mito said and I nodded agreeing.

"That's just what I was thinking." I added.

"Nothing says 'This is it!' huh?" I heard Soma mumble. The room was silent because we all began thinking, strategizing.

I've been thinking a lot about visiting my friends from elementary and middle school. I haven't contacted them since the summer before I went to Tohtsuki.

Do they miss me? I don't even think I'll have time to see them now with this chicken business. They'll be fine.

Anyway, back to the original topic, let me think of ways we can beat this fried chicken.

A sound of bustling people made me direct my attention towards the window. A bunch of students.

"Students pass by even on vacation, huh? Lots of them, too." I heard Mito say. I guess she noticed too.

"They're coming back from their club activities. There are a lot of schools around here. We've got high schools and a couple universities..." I heard Soma say before he paused.

I turned back to look at him. I guess he got an idea. He looked at me and smiled.

"I've got it!" He exclaimed and I walked over.

I took a seat next to Kurase, ready to listen to what he was going to say next. I placed my head in my hands and stared up at him.

"Yu.. Yukihira-kun?" Kurase muttered.

"Oh, man, I've been such a bonehead! We shouldn't fight the enemy on their own terms!" He said. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

Does he mean, we should go with Mito's idea? She proposed earlier that we should use her A5 beef.

"So then, we're going with the A5 beef?" Mito beamed, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Nah, it's still fried chicken." He blatantly said.

Then he must mean.. oh!

"Soma." I said, catching his attention. "We'll use the fried chicken.. but put our own spin on it, something Mozuya could never pull off!" I smiled and his lips parted.

"Exactly!" He pointed at me. "We should think of something we can do because we're in a shopping area. A way to make eating fried chicken even more delicious. What we make will be the deciding factor in this battle!"