34: End

Idk if I gave the step dad a name or not, if I did and you remember tell me so I can fix this

Josh's pov

"We are going to get stuff to sleep at the hospital- or I am. You don't have to if you don't want," oli says as I'm driving us back to my house.

Tom woke up a few hours ago but they had to run tests on him so while they do that we are going to get some stuff.

I don't think he realizes it but he said he loves me... He was very emotional and still is to a degree so maybe he didn't mean it. "I'll stay with you. If you think Tom will be okay with that. He was glaring at me a lot... And called me an asshole," I say.

"Well that's because the last thing he heard about you was from me explaining why I was crying and covered in bruises- but that was over three years ago. To him it's like it was yesterday," he says and then I feel my heart break a little.

Wait...

"Oli... The day you tried to kill yourself... Was that the day I made you cry?" I ask hesitant to know the answer.

He looks at me and I find my answer in his eyes. "No," he lies.

"I'm sorry... I really wish I could take back everything," I say. "I don't ever want to hurt you again. I love you," I admit.

He looks at me surprised and then smiles. "Josh, you are the reason I still fight. I've learned everything the hard way but now I'm here. I'm here with you and my brother," he says.

"I had a plan to kill myself already and... It was a way that would have worked. Instead of doing that I tired to get hit by a car, Tom saved me and survived. If you didn't hurt me that day I would have stole my step dads gun... And shot him and then myself," he explains looking out the window.

"After tom went into a coma I started fighting and yeah... Everything happened for a reason. It's in the past now," he tells me with a small smile.

"And I love you too," he says sweetly.

Oli's pov

"Breaking news. A cop by the name of Jason Page was arrested for shooting a man in the head.-"

Me, Josh, and Tom all look at the tv at once. "Good," Tom says. I look at josh who is looking at me. "Well, not for the guy that got shot but my dad deserves to be behind bars and then burn in hell," tom adds.

"Yeah.." I whisper. My step dad ruined my past. I'm glad he ruined his future...

I hug Tom and he weakly hugs back.

Tom has been living with Josh and Sebastian helps him while we are at classes. I pretty much live here too, not officially but for the past month I've been here every day.

I feel relief wash over me. I don't have to worry about him ever hurting me or Tom again.

"Ugh, I cant wait until I'm back to normal. It would be nice to be able to run again. Maybe when I can, ill start running track," Tom says stretching his legs. He can stand and move more but he's still in a wheel chair.

"That sounds good, I'll tag along and we can run together. But before then, when you can walk all day and not strain yourself, we can go to Disneyland," I tell him. Me and him have talked about this a few times.

Just me and him are going to Disneyland for a week. Josh won't be coming just because I want to spend time with my brother. Me and josh can go again later if he wants but he understands.

-

Josh's pov

"Woah... He's so good!" Tom gasps as we watch Oli fight Remington. This is the first time Tom has seen his broth fight and he is so excited and happy for Oli.

"Yeah, he is. I can't even give you an estimated number of times he's knocked me out or won," I laugh a little bit at the memories.

Oli still fights with me and he still wins most of the time. There's been a few times I've won but I almost think he let me win those times.

Tom looks at me with a thoughtful look. "You really love him don't you?" He asks.

"Yeah, he's... The one," I say softly.

Oli is the one. I'm going to marry him one day. I know we are pretty young but I don't care. I know he's the one I want to stay with for the rest of my life. Through thick and thin, sickness or in health, he's the one I want to live with.

He is the reason why I still fight.

Okay...

I feel like this ending is a let down but this is how I always pictured how it would end. Now that's it's wrote I feel like it's not enough but I don't know what else to write to fix it.

So...

The end.

And to explain the end a tiny. Josh said 'he is the reason I still fight' meaning why he still fights to be a better person and live through the shit his crappy family throws at him.

Thank you for reading ❤

I hope this wasn't a horrible ending.

Thought on the full story?

Oli?

Tom?

Josh?

January 28, 2021