29. blood

Oli's pov

My body is sore and exhausted but I try to hide it. Josh is getting better with boxing so I have to take him to the ground soon or it's possible I'll lose. His punches are stronger than mine but I get more punches in then he does because I dodge most of his attacks.

Sweat rolls down the side of Josh's face and drips off. My jaw hurts from a punch I didn't get to block but that's the worst pain right now. Mainly I'm just tired.

All day we've been practicing and now it's getting late. After this we are leaving.

I lung forward and get a Muay Thai clench on Josh. My hands pull his head down and I'm certain he is thinking I'm going to pull him farther down and knee him in the face. Josh hinders from me from pulling his head down by tightening his neck and strengthening his posture.

Instead of fighting Josh's resistance, I simply let go of my hold. Because he was applying upward pressure to counter my downwards pressure, his head and body straighten the moment I release my grip.

As he is defenseless and not attacking I drop my level, wrap my arms around the back of his legs, and shoot in for the takedown.

I step forward with my right foot. Josh falls backwards and down so I follow him down and secure the top position.

As I reach forward and grab Josh's neck with my left hand, I lift my left knee and post my foot on the mat. If I had grabbed Josh's neck with my right hand, I would have lifted my right knee and posted on my right foot. Executing both actions on the same side prevents your opponent from locking an arm bar on your extended arm. Although it might still look like Your vulnerable, when you follow this roll your opponent won't be able to turn his hips to create the angle he needs for the submission.

Driving my left hand into Josh's neck, I come up onto both feet. Josh keeps his guard closed. In an effort to get him to open his guard, I cock my right hand back and prepared right hand at his face. I smash my right hand into Josh's face.

As I cock my right hand back to land another blow, Josh unhooks his legs to get his defense going. Now that I've opened Josh's guard, I worked control his legs. I start by grabbing his left ankle with my right hand. I grab a hold of Josh shoes right ankle with my left hand. For the best control, I grab slightly above his heels.

He breaks out of the position I got him into and manages to get back on his feet. All the work was for nothing.

After a bit of fighting standing up I try to take him down again. This time I do a body-lock takedown. Having managed to plummet my arms in and secure the double under hooks, I lock my hands together behind Josh's back.

Keeping my hands locked tight, I step my right foot to the outside of Josh's left leg. This gives me the angle I need to get to the takedown. I begin to rotate my body in a clockwise direction to trip Josh backwards.

As Josh falls to his back, I dropped to my knees, apply downward pressure to his body to prefer a scramble, and secure the side control position. Now I can try to get him into a choke hold and make him tap.

Im use to seeing blood when I fight but I know I'm not bleeding and neither should he. I have punched him but we usually stop if there's a blood and we are just practice fighting. There's not a lot of blood but I still stop because if I unknowingly hurt him then I should make sure he's okay.

Im also really tired so this could be a good time to stop. "Pause," I breath out. We are both breathing hard as I sit on his torso.

He relaxes and props himself up on his elbows. "Are you okay?" He asks.