7. ground-and-pound

The more you comment the better this story will be and the happier I feel.

Oliver's pov

A week has gone by and Josh has been improving greatly. We've only been practicing boxing, because that's the basic and he should know the basic before moving on. Yet it's been repetitive and boring so it's time to add a new thing.

Josh in just hitting my hands as I say right, left, or duck. "Stop," I say and he stops and relaxes from his fight stance as I do the same. He's sweaty and annoyed that I interrupted him.

All this week Josh hasn't dropped his 'I hate you and think you are pathetic' act. I've only been sticking with telling him instructions to avoid being called names. "When am I going to learn the cool fighting?" He says looking over at Justin who is taking down Jack and then throwing punches.

"Right now but only for right now because I'm bored, Tomorrow we are going to resume the basics," I say and he nods. So far Josh hasn't really been disobedient or questioning his training. "Okay so... I'm just going to show you it first and explain it and then you can try it on me. So pay attention," I say feeling nervous.

I hate slow stuff because it's so awkward but I have to show him slowly. If he dares to call me faggot for this I'm going to punch him in the face. Its awkward enough. "First get in fighting stance," I say and when he does I put my right foot behind his left foot that's forward. Right now his weight is in the center of his body. I'm now close to him so I have to do this before I get anxiety or something from all this.

Usually I can keep my cool but josh is my bully and I know he's judging me. "Okay now you're going to fall back but we are on a mat so don't worry," I say just as a heads up. "You grab both legs here," I say moving down and forward grabbing the backs of his knees and letting my body make contact with his. My shoulder is right above his hips.

"And then you push with your body and pull with your hands," I say before doing it to him causing his feet to leave the ground and top half to be shoved back and to the ground. Josh falls backpack and I get on top of him. "Ground-and-pound," I say and make moves showing him I could punch him in the face.

"Okay get off, bitch," he snaps and I get off of him quickly. He gets up and I get in stance. He looks at me looking... nervous? He timidly comes up.

"Uh, here?" He says putting his foot behind mine so I can't step back to catch myself when he pushes me back.

"Yeah," I confirm and he grabs the backs of my knees, well above them. That will just make it harder for him. He doesn't lean is and everything is so awkward. "You have to be aggressive and push me with your top half and move your hand two inches lower," I say but this doesn't fix anything except the hands.

He tries to bring me down but it's wrong and I'm not going to let myself fall, he has to make me. He needs encouraging. "What you like this position so much you 'cant' take me down and get out of it?" I mock him. He scoffs and shoves his shoulder against me and fully pushes me down as he pulls my knees making me fall onto my back in one quick move.

Josh gets on top of me after the double leg takedown and pins my wrists. "Good job but this is how you pin a lover not a fighter," I say and plant my left foot on his right hip and drive his body over and to my right. As I do this my knees come to my chest and I sweep josh over and off of me with my legs as my hand and on his shoulders.

Josh lands on his back and I establish the top position.  He looks shocked and confused. He wasn't expecting that. I'm a fighter, I can get out of almost and position. I don't like ground fighting but I'm really good at it.

It was my worst skill so I forced myself to make it my best skill so if I got taken down I'd be able to get out of it fast. "I'll teach you ground fighting later but you need to be able to do this in a fight. Your opponent isnt going to stand still and guide you through it," I say and get up and extend a hand. He grabs it and I pull him up.