chapter 23: I did the impossible

Just a littke redap from the last chapter: The children are safe under the watch of Rafa and Trace but Leia decides to tell them about Ahsoka's plan to rescue Bariss Offee. Meanwhile with Ahsoka things aren't going well, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Rex were captured by the Imperial stormtroopers and thrown in a cell. Darth Vader shows up and offers Ahsoka a deal. The deal is if she pledges herself to the dark side then he'll let all of her friends including Bariss out of prison and free of charge. But if she doesn't join him, then Vader will kill everyone slowly and painfully. As you can imagine, it's not an easy decision for her to make.

1 hour to execution time
Ahsoka's pov
"Ventress, Rex what do I do!?! I can't just let him kill you!"

"No Commamder! I'd rather you die a hero, then fight for evil with that monster in a mask!" Okay, opinion noted.

"Ventress? Any suggestions?"

"Kid, I can't make this decision for you. Honestly I'd be fine with either option you pick. But can I give you some advice?"

"Yes please."

"If you do join the dark side always remember this... trust no one. Not even your own Master. I come from experience when I say this, sith always betray sith." I nodded. I almost felt bad for hef. She may have been evil and stuff but still no one deserves to have their life yanked away from them. That's it. That one sentence. That one sentence I just said changed my mind about everytjing. No one deserves to have their life yanked away from them. I know what I have to do!

1 minute to Execution time, Ahsoka's pov 
"BRING OUT THE PRISONERS!!!" A senator yelled. I turned to my friends, and yes I did just call Ventress a friend.

"Fish is most likely the last time we'll see each other. Rexter, I want you to know that even when I become an agent of evil, I will always love you like a brother. You are, my brother. Please take care of my children. Especially Leia."

"W-wha? Commander no-"

"It's not your choice Rex! Ventress?" Her head tilted towards me. I saw a tear in her eye. She was crying, the Asajj Ventress was crying!

"Ventress, we may not have always been friends, but even when we were on opposite sides of the war I felt sorry for you. I still feel sorry for gou, but I'm glad about 2 things. 1 is that you have come back to the light." She sniffled.

"W-whats the second thing?"

"The second thing is a promise. You need to promise me..."

"Yes..?"

"You need to promise me that you will tease Obi-Wan at least once a day in my honor." We all cracked a laugh for a second until I was grabbed by a stormtrooper.

"NO!!! COMMANDER!!! DONT GO!!!"

"It's not your choice Rex, it's mine. And I've made up my mind, no going back." He pulled me on a circular platform and we started to rise above the floor I used to be standing on. Just before I went over the edge I seized the moment to whisper one last, 'goodbye' to Rex. He was balling as he sat on his knees. My poor Rexter, one day he'll realize it was for his own good. One day.

"Miss. Tano? Have you made up your mind?"

"I have."

"So what will it be then?"

"... I have decided to... to join you." Darth Vader's heavy breathing relaxed. But then I looked next to him to see a face I never thought I'd see again. It's the Emperor himself, sitting right in front of me just like in my night mares. On one side of his chair was Vadrr, on the other side was my other green friend, Bariss Offee on her knees in binders. Darth Vader walked towards me with something in his hand. Light sabers! My light sabers! Urgh, of course he had them!

"My padawan, at least you have returned to your true Master. But we must know that your intentions are pure." I internally rolled my eyes. Yeah whatever dude. Wait a minute- what does he mean-

"To show us where your true loyalties lie, we will need to conduct an experiment." The emperor said with a wickedly evil grin plastered on his face. One of his royal guards shoved Bariss Offee to the ground with his metal staff. I didn't like where this was going.

"Kill her, and become your old Masters, new apprentice!" I really didn't like where this was going.

"THAT WANT APART OF THE DEAL AT ALL!!! YOU SAID ALL MY FRIENDS WOULD-"

"go home free, yes I did. Unfortunately for her she is not your friend, she is a criminal and deserves to die for her actions!" The Emperor roared. I hot goose bumps. Darth Vale was no longer offering me my light sabers so I had absolutely no way to defend myself. I nodded. Then Vader gave me my smaller saber instead of both. I accepted it and activated it.

"I want not just a promise, but proof that you will let Rex and Ventress go!" I could almost swear I saw Vader's breath quicken when I said Rex. Hm, weird.

"Very well my dear, you shall have it. Gaurds, release them from their cuffs and bring them out here!" Two nodded and did a short bow before heading down the tiny hole I just came out of.

"You kill her first, then your friends will be safe." I glared at him but nodded. I'm sorry Bariss, but if I can save Rex then it's all worth it! Rex is the last member of my family that hasn't died or been murdered yet, I need to know he's alive so I can stay alive. I gripped the small light saber better and slowly strolled up to Bariss. It'll all be over soon Ahsoka! It'll all be over soon Ahsoka! It'll all be over soon! I held the light saber in the middle of us. I saw her eyes. She gazed at me in terror. I moved the white light saber high above my head. I did it. I did the impossible.

Hey everyone. I just want you to know that this chapter was inspired by Sister_of_SHIELD who wrote a comment early on that was something like this "this proves my point that if Ahsoka and Vader were sith it would be terrifying and uncontrollable." I agree Cople tell with that. And by the way sister of shield, I hope you are still reading this nook, I would love to know what you think of it. I hope you all have a nice day or night or whatever happening with ya right now. Baii.