chapter 26: the end of our beginning

Okay yes. I admit I stole the title from Luke Skywalker but i couldnt help myself. The irony was just too good! In other news, this is the longest chapter I have ever created. It is also the last chapter, minus the epilogue of course. Here we go...

Leia's pov
"S- that- it's impossible! She can't really be gone!" Just as I finished my sentence tears welled up in my eyes. Luke and Ezra both put a hand on my shoulders as they looked at their feet. Bariss had finally stopped balling her eyes out.

"I'm sorry young one. But your blue haired friend destroyed the machine. And the machine was the only possible way to get the real Ahsoka back."

"W-what? So the only hope we had of healing her, we destroyed?" Two tears slipped down my cheeks as Bariss nodded. Just then her body started to move. I backed away and asked with hope

"Master? Auntie Soka is that you?" Master say up and I was giddy smiling. Until my Master opened her mouth.

"Jedi! Pathetic! Get away from me child! I have Jedi to destroy!" Auntie Soka said as plain as day. I held her down with the force.

"Where the heck is this coming from? One minute she's laying still and the next she's trying to destroy us!?!" Ezra gasped as if he figured something out.

"I think I have an idea! But Miss. Offee, could you tell me all you know about the machine and what it did to Master Ahsoka?" Luke Bariss and I were able to hold down Ahsoka.

"I think so. They were stupid enough to let me watch them build the machine. The machine is made to make a good persons body become under the Imperials control but still have their brain functioning normally. The whole time you thought Ahsoka was attacking you, she wasn't. Darth Vader was controlling her with a remote. Trust me young one, your Aunt never wanted to hurt you. There was a special red button on the bottom of the machine that would've set Ahsoka back to normal. But since that boy destroyed the machine, the remote Darth Vader was using must've glitched somehow and caused everything to be reversed. Now instead of her body being controlled while her mind was stable, her mind has gone crazily evil and her body cannot be tamed. The only cure that I'm aware of to stop Ahsoka is- is death."

(I'm sorry that was really long. The chapter isn't done yet but please still read this, it's just a short summary of what Bariss said. So Ezra destroyed the aching that made Ahsoka be under Darth Vader's control. There was a button to fix everything, but they didn't use it and now Ahsoka is totally evil and no longer under Vader's control. Now the only way to get rid of evil Ahsoka is to... kill her! Did that make sense? If it didn't let me know in the comments. Back to the story!)

Still Leia's pov
"So let me get this straight. While trying to save her... I dug her grave?"

"Yeah pretty much." Bariss replied to Ezra while holding Ahsoka down. Bariss was in despair I could tell.

"Quick. You 3 hold her down while I- I destroy her."

"What! No way! I am not about to let you destroy the best Mom in the universe!" I pushed Bariss back away from my aunt.

"Child, I'm trying to save you!"

"No! There has got to be another way! No one is destroying anyone!"

"Young one-"

"Stop calling me that! I'm a padawan now listen to me!" That shut her up.

"I have a name ya know. And it's Leia! Now you listen here and you listen good. I don't know who or what you are, all I know is my master cared about you enough to risk her life for you. But your so worried about protecting us? You just met us! You've knew my Auntie Soka before I was even born! And your willing to kill her, just like that to protect three kids you just met? Well good luck with that because as long as I'm alive you will never... I say never. Touch. Her." Bariss looked utterly shocked and taken back by my words. Honestly, I was shocked I said that too. Bariss looked defeated and I eased up. I was blocking Bariss from reaching Auntie Soka still while I was also holding down Auntie Soka's legs.