PART 3

Outside the king's palace, along with Boran, the night air reminded Kasarus of his past. When he still had a heart.

DATE: 1476

"Wake up man. The sergeant is gonna catch you."

Kasarus opened his eyes and saw to his right a young soldier. His face was familiar. "Who are you?"

The soldier looked up in terror. Kasarus felt a boot on his back and he was flung head on onto the dirt.

"Get in line, now!"

Kasarus got up and ran. He didnt know where he was running until a hand caught him. "You forgot your rifle. "

"Thanks," he remembered the name, "Spooky."

Spooky smiled. The columns and rows of men started to move. Both of them moved along too.

Above their heads, the battle was being fought. But they could not hear anything. Not until they reached the end of the tunnel.

There were two men situated there. Who were not wearing uniform. And who were giving away small rocks to each soldier.

Kasarus pocketed his one. He didnt know what to do with it. But it seemed useful. He climbed up and saw the fort.

It was humungous. Its walls coloured like the dirt, it semmed unbreakable. Kasarus's group ran towards it. What the hell were they doing? But he had no time to ask questions.

As soon as the front line neared towards the wall, they threw their rocks at it. Then moved away. Then the next line repeated the act and then the next.

Immediatedly, as the men in front of him cleared, Kasarus saw the wall in pieces. It was no longer the sturdy architectural masterpiece like before. Kasarus threw his rock and saw it crumble down. The dirt caught his eyes and for a while, he could not see anything.

He heard the men scream and then run in front of him. When his eyes cleared, Kasarus saw them slaughtering the unprepared enemy.

He joined them too.