Part 17

14th Veri 1490

"You have got to be kidding me. You will pick this numbnut..." Marlow turned towards Avinith and whispered, "Whats his name?"

"Rivanith, sir."

"...this Rivanith over me!"

Rivanith moved forwards. "You do not let us fulfil our purpose. We are warriors but you tell us to do something else."

"C'mon. Playing hide and seek is fun! There...Janarith, you like it dont you?!"

Janarith turned his head away in shame. "We are leaving your domain and going to the human realm. You can do so as you please."

They all turned and started to go away, "Not my fault that my father created all of you!...Fine, go then. I dont need you all."

1477

It was the first time Kasarus had seen such a beautiful building. So this was the Spirit Mage Center. The book in his hand, he didnt understand it but knew who wrote it. Claessen Anders.

He stepped forwards and saw a man tending to flowers in a garden. The man noticed Kasarus and immediatedly ran into the building.

A few moments later some of his friends came out. Leading them was a half-bald man. He looked at Kasarus intently, then moved his hand forwards, "The book."

Kasarus gave it to him. The man looked inside and then said, "Where did you find it?"

"On a battlefield. Someone I stabbed to death."

"So, you are a veteran then?"

"Yes."

The other men behind the half-bald one were nervous. Some of them started fiddling. Then all of a sudden, a kid ran up towards them. The half-bald one picked him up. "Not now, Boran. Your dad is discussing business."

"I want to listen too."

"Okay then...Introduce youself young man."

"Kasarus Marlow."

"After the legendary demon king?"

"I dont believe in kids stories."

The man laughed. "Boran here does not appreciate that comment." Maybe the man was hoping Kasarus would cuddle the kid when he brought him into the argument. Kasarus just stared at him. And the kid stared back, then started crying.

Kasarus had heard armies march, but that kid's scream was probably louder. The bald-man immediatedly handed the kid to someone else and told them, "Take him to his mother."

Then when it was all done, he asked Kasarus, "Do you have anywhere to stay?"

"I dont."

"Then tonight you'll be our guest."