PART 5

DATE 15TH VERI 1490

Kasarus wiped off the sweat portruding from his forehead with his forearm. He said to Boran, "How many Mages will be present in the Center at this moment?"

"I cannot say for sure."

"I have to tell them something."

Along the way, when they were passing through the same area from before, Boran said, "Dad would've wanted you to be the leader."

"We've gone through this before."

"This responsibilty of a Mage..." Boran said, "... I cannot bear it anymore."

"Its all that gives our lives purpose." Kasarus was now calm. And his eyes were burning with an urgency, to prepare for the upcoming calamity. Boran recognized this, and it made him determined as well.

All of the faces were now turned towards him.

"Prepare for war," he adressed his audience of twenty, "we are going to destroy the Ulnorian king's army, with the help of Marlow's demons."

Some of them gasped. Whilst others waited for Kasarus to clarify. But he chose to say nothing more. A voice called, "And without even informing the Mage leader Boran. We can all see by his face that you didnt tell him beforehand."

Kasarus searched the audience for the speaker. Martem. "It is the plan that I have inherited from Master Claessen. Now, tell me, will you fight for him?"

Noone stood up to refuse. "Then by the 156th Mage order. I hereby commence the war on Ulnoria."