PART 14

24th Veri 1490

Marlow's clothes were all bloodied. He sat by a river and started washing them.

He looked over his shoulder for the thousandth time and tried to calm his heart by saying to it, "He doesnt know that Im the one who did it." But his heart did not listen.

Kasarus was in the Mage center's garden. Where Boran and Martem's dead corpses laid open in the air. He tried to squeeze his eyes forcefully, so that the pain may overcome his misery. But it was not enough.

He dropped to the ground and started sobbing. The rest of his Mages watched but did not come closer. They were in utter surprise. They had never seen Kasarus in a state like that. He didnt even reveal his emotions when Claessen died. So what was different now?

Kasarus once more looked at Boran's corpse. But all he saw was a sweet young kid. Who was innocent. And who had already suffered enough. Suddenly, something caught his eye.

Kasarus reached into Boran's pocket and took it out. His suspicion had became true. It was the Ulnorian king's seal. It transformed his sorrow and turned it into rage.

He got up and said with a resonant voice, "All of you, I want you in the main hall." It was calculated and controlled. Thats what was so dangerous about him now. All of his hopes and dreams be damned.

"...But Spirit Mage head, it will violate our rules to use our teleporting magic on someone other than ourselves."

Kasarus did not say anything. And looked at his subordinate right in the eye. Daring him to refuse his command. His subordinate finally succumbed and lowered his gaze.

"For now, just call on Rivanith." Kasarus said.

A few seconds later the head of Marlow's demons was in front of him. "We meet agai-" But the demon stopped himself midsentence. "...I can see that you have changed." A wide grin appeared on its hideous face.

"Divide your army into two pieces. Take your portion to the southern border at Gaver to defend the country. Send someone to stay here and pillage the capital with me."

"And whomever I chose, he can do anything as he pleases?"

"So long as he destroys every building and takes every life that is in the capital."