Part 15

24th Veri 1490

Eker and the king had finally reached the palace. They were ascending up the steps when Eker suddenly stopped. The king turned around, "What is it?"

He saw Eker looking down and smiling with outspread eyes. "Your highness, have you heard any legends about Marlow,  the king of demons?"

"All I remember is that he was a deceiver of the worst kind."

Eker looked up. "He wont return your seal."

"And why is that?"

Eker heard screaming from afar. He ran towards the king and grabbed his arm, "Your highness,  I will use my abilities to teleport you to Antiria. There you will meet with the king and ask him for help."

"What ar-"

Kasarus looked around and saw the trail that Marlow's, no...his demons had left behind. He looked at the palace from a distance. And then turned towards one of his Mages.

"Take me to the king."

And he was at the steps of the palace in a moment. He saw Eker there. And at his feet, the dead corpse of the king.

Eker said to him, "I didnt know he was going to ambush you. He sent my men after you without telling me. And I knew you would take revenge from both of us so, I killed him to prove my innocence."

Kasarus remained quiet,  then said, "All of you, without a shred of dignity."

He pulled out an arrow and infused it with his magic. Then threw it towards Eker.

Eker tried to stop it, but he was too slow. He had little time to react. The arrow went straight into his right eye and then out of his head. His limp body fell onto the ground.

Kasarus walked past the two bodies and into the dead king's hall. There, he met with the stranger once more.

"Damn! Looks like youve just rolled around in a hot pile of shi-"