PART 8

22nd Veri 1490

The earth shook violently with every step the demons took to move towards Fars and his army.

"General," A messenger shouted from behind Fars, "the chief general commands you to immediatedly retreat."

Fars looked back in complete disbelief. Why would they run from a few wild beasts when they had every oppurtunity to win?. They had came there to fight.

But, how could he reject the words of the man he had followed through each and every battle. Fars had to resist every being of his body to command, "Tell them to retreat."

His subordinate waited for another moment. ""Now!" Fars shouted.

But, as soon as his men started to fall back, Fars was confronted by nineteen masked men inside the forest. He had little time to do anything before they torched the forest and disappeared.

Fars knew that the time it would take them to escape from the army at their backs, would be too long. They were trapped. It was the end then.

He looked at the messenger to his side, his emotions also showed the signs of full understanding.

Fars held up his rifle in the air and gave his last order, "Fight till each and every one of those monsters is wiped off from the face of the earth!"

Eker looked down from the cliff towards the burning forest and the two armies fighting. He heard shots being fired in all directions. What a waste it was. He turned around to see that his subordinates had been killed.

He immediatedly pulled out his dagger and parried the striker's blow. The next few attempts of his enemy also failed. Eker could observe from the masked man's movements that he was becoming impatient.

As soon as he saw an opening, Eker rammed his dagger into the man's belly. What followed was not something he had expected.

The man's wound started to emit blue steam. He recovered his pose and lunged at Eker once more.

It was then that he noticed his enemy's eyes were covered. Eker realized who he was facing. He immediatedly cast a spell on his dagger and as soon as he saw it emitting dark red steam he attacked.

His enemy stepped backwards. Eker could not see his emotions from behind the mask but he imagined his enemy getting nervous.

"I havent used my Magic for a long time. It feels quite refreshing."

His enemy did not step forward. Eker was gracious for that. He had more time to breath.

"And what a hypocrite you have to be to deem it illegal for the rest of us." The masked man said.

"The Mage orders was getting powerful. And kings as you know, do not like to share their power."

"Have you figured out my identiy?"

"I have a rough idea."

The enemy took off his mask. "Kasarus, wasnt it? I didnt sense any Magical abilities from you back in the king's palace."

"I am different from the rest of you."

"I can see that. But do you want to keep talking or finish this fight?"

"Some other time." and then Kasarus disppeared in front of Eker's eyes in broad daylight.

Now all that was left for him was to deal with the army below him.