PART 9

22nd Veri 1490

Boran was working in the main hall of the center when Kasarus appeared. He noticed the last few bits of blue steam eminatting from him.

"You didnt win, did you?"

"I know when I am outmatched...Eker turned out to be an Ember Mage." Kasarus replied.

"That complicates our plans." he turned away from the table, "and dad didnt knew about this?"

Kasarus saw Boran's tired face and felt pity for him. He had changed so much in such a short time. The happy young little kid that he had met a few years ago was dead. "No, he didnt."

"The rest of the Mages are in their quarters."

Kasarus untied his armour and dropped it on the floor. He sat on a chair and closed his eyes. "At least none of my men died." He murmered. And it wasnt long before he fell asleep.

Eker was on top of a dead corpse. It was one of the monsters he had captured. He hacked repeatedly at its neck until its head came off. He took it and brought it to the king.

"How long before the demons arrive?" The king asked.

"It takes two days to travel from Naleri Province to here on horseback. I completed that journey in one hour because I used some of my powers."

The king looked back at the head that was laying at his feet. No one else was in the room except him and Eker.

"Almost one thousand of them, you say...Do you know where the Mage center is?"

"Yes, I do. But, attacking them there would be reckless."

"And why do you think my father waged war on them if he didnt have a way to destroy their center?" The king said, "Now prepare yourself. I want Kasarus dead."