Part 19

1477

Claessen and Kasarus sat together for a meal for the first time. Cleassen asked, "Dont have any family?"

Kasarus bit into a chicken leg and then replied with a full mouth, "Mom and dad died of starvation. Did not have any brothers or sisters. Uncles and aunties did not care."

Claessen stopped eating. "So, then the only place that would feed you was the army?"

"Yep."

Claessen did not prod any futher and let Kasarus eat as much as he wanted to. "You can stay here for as long as you like."

24th Veri 1490

The red sky above his head, so this was it. This was Marlow's domain. Kasarus's eyes widened. "Come, sit. There was something that Boran wanted to say to you." There was a chair for him, but Kasarus chose to sit on the ground.

He had so many questions. But this was not the time to ask them. Claessen smiled. He put his hand on Kasarus's head, "This responsibilty..."

Kasarus completed the sentence, "Its all that gives us purpose."

"Stand up, Head of the Spirit Mage Order." Kasarus complied. "Master Boran tells you,

you have made a grave mistake. And I will not allow you to die until you have made your reparations. Talk with the Antirian king. And enable a peaceful transition of power between the two kingdoms. Do not let your emotions overtake you. And do not cause any furthur bloodshed."

Kasarus nodded. But before he could complete his nod, he was standing in front of the Antirian king.