PART 18

24th Veri 1490

Kasarus went outside to get some fresh air.
A messenger came to him and told him that Rivanith had died. And that the armies of Anitira had defeated his demons.

Because they had lost thier command structure, Kasarus thought. He looked back at Marlow and it seemed like he had stopped breathing.

Kasarus said nothing to the messenger except, "Take me to the Center."

"But Head Mage..."

Kasarus looked at the messenger. Now his eyes were lifeless. He didnt care about what happened to Antiria. He didnt care about what happened to him. He just wanted to spend his last moments in the place he recognized as home. "Please... " he said. It was a dying man's wish.

When he was in his home, Kasarus moved towards a small room separate from the main building of the Center. He entered it.

He saw all of Boran's works laid on the table. There were a couple of books folded. He sat in Boran's chair and opened them.

Inside, there were some writings. There was a time when Kasarus didnt understand what the Mage language was. He didnt even know that there was a separate language for Magic.

Kasarus folded page after page and then saw a ritual. Boran had written in his book, that he had tried it a couple of times. Boran wrote at the end that he would be able to meet his father...again, if he succeeded.

His chest clenched in agony. But he could not cry. Kasarus was tired. But one last time, in Boran's memory, he would follow the ritual written in his book. The one he was never able to complete.

Kasarus stood up and drew blue steam. Then inhaled it four times. Then drew a circle and stepped on it. And in a tick he was in front of Claessen.

"I have been waiting for you, Kasarus."