64

Montero's POV

Two weeks later

"Sir, Miss Kalani is on her way back." Manny informed me. "She said she wants to meet up with you first." He continued.

"Oh?!" I stopped what I was doing, and turned around to look at him.

"That's interesting." I smiled and continued with the never-ending paperwork I was faced with.

I was back at the office and everything was starting to be back to normal. Or maybe I should say, the new normal. I suddenly heard commotion outside of two people arguing. One was my secretary, the other was of a voice that sounded familiar. In fact, it sounded too familiar.

"Let go of me!" The voice spoke in a very irritated manner. "You dare manhandle me again, I'll sue you for hurting a pregnant woman." It continued.

Manny and I looked at each other, Kalani...

I immediately rushed outside, and there she was, her face looked cubby and beautiful and her body was just fine. She was wearing a light brown dress that didn't hug her curves, but it was enough for you to see that, even though she was pregnant, she had curves for days. I leaned on my door frame and admired the mother of my kids, smiling.

She turned and looked at me, "And you," she pointed at me, "Where the hack do you get this guy?" She asked annoyed.

I was taken aback. One minute she was going to murder my new secretary, Felix, and next, she was out to kill me.

Women...

"What?" I acted innocent.

"Him." She pointed at Felix. "He is disrespectful and doesn't know how to talk to people." She complained in a very irritated manner.

"Sir, she just barged in." Felix tried explaining.

"It's ok, Felix. If security let her in downstairs and into the private lift, she isn't a threat.This is Kalani, my fiancee, and as you can see, the future mother of my kids. Next time just let her in. You wouldn't want to be arrested for man handling a pregnant woman no?" I walked towards to take her hand into mine.

The moment I was close to her, I took in her scent and I smiled.

It will never get old.

Kalani was too shocked to process what was going on, I just took her hand and walked her to my office.

The moment I got in, I closed the door behind me.

"So what brings you here?" I let go of her hand, while she looked around my office.

"Well for starters, I'm not your fiancee." She held up her pinkie counting. "And two, you better get yourself a new secretary and three-"

"I will stop you right there." I turned towards her. "One, I'll ask you to marry me until you say yes, two, Felix Hernandez isn't just your normal secretary, he is also my new personal bodyguard and-"

"Well sorry to burst your bubble, but marriage isn't something you think of casually. And I can't just say yes just because you the father of my kids." She turned away, clearly annoyed at me.

I went down on my left knee and called her name. She turned around and her face held nothing but beauty and shock.

"Marry me Kalani." I whispered loud enough for her to hear. She looked like she was processing, then she went and sat and answered, "No."

"Man, you could have at least said that earlier." Trying to lighten up my mood. Truthfully, I wanted her to say yes, I was hoping for her to say yes. But that's ok.