34

Someone's POV
“How are you liking your stay at mines?” the guy asked.

“It has been good. So far, all those who has been looking for me haven't really found me, and my guys are training as much as possible so we won't have as much casualties.” Mr Steffano answered.

But something still confused him. How could this guy, out of the people, help him. He was so close to the Montero's and he was willing to do this for him? Why? So he couldn't help it but ask.

“But why? Why are you being this nice to me? Why are you helping me?” he questioned, a tad to confused for his own liking. “You are Montero's-” he smiled.

“Why I'm helping you, is for my knowledge and my knowledge only.” he interrupted him. “What I did and am still doing, is nothing but of my own motivations, and is purely out of my selfish ambitions. It has nothing to do with you. Nor do you have to inquire about it. You just sit back and try enjoy the benefits of it.” he answered calmly. “It's not everyday you saved by your enemy's enemy. Just keep the girl safe. The plan will only proceed accordingly if she is safe.” he continued.

“Sir. ” he responded accordingly.

The call the ended. The plan was going as planned. No one would suspect it was him who was helping that stupid Steffano guy, and nothing could fire back at him. Even if it tried. He did his homework, and he was ready to pay for whatever damage he would leave behind. And if all really went his way, he would get the throne, the girl and a few kids.

It was a good plan. A solid plan. One that he was proud off, he thought, and as he looked out the streets of New York, sipping his whiskey, he felt proud that Montero was finally going down.

**********************************************
Roman's POV

When I had successfully left the hospital without anyone noticing I was missing, nor seeing me leave, the first place I had to visit was Kalani's dad. I believe he had alot of explaining to do.

When I got to his office, I realized he wasn't there, so Manny and I let ourselves in, and just when I was about to sit down, someone came in.

“And who might you be?” he asked. I looked him than at Manny, who shrugged his shoulders, than I removed my hood so he could see me clearly.

“Mr Montero!” he chimed. “what an interesting surprise.” he seemed excited but also shocked at the same time. I wasn't sure if he liked me, or he thought I came back from the dead.

“Yea well I wasn't declared dead, nor was I declared in such a state I couldn't move an inch. I was just hospitalized. And no one knew the extent of my injuries, I could be just fine.” I told him.

“That be true. So, what may possibly bring you to this side of the city because I'm sure it's not for pleasantries?” he questioned me, tilting his head. Looking at me then at Manny.

“Nice.” I smiled. “Now you being a real cop. Straight to the point, I like it. Now, to what I came here for, I'm looking for Jacobson.” I answered as I sat down.

“Well you found me, now talk.” he answered confidently, lifting his head to try level it with mine. I just slightly smiled, thinking this kid didn't know I could kill him, regardless of being in the FBI quarters, and still come out unharmed. I had no time to waste, and right now, he was wasting alot of mine.

“Kid, if you really were Jacobson, as you claimed to be, you would have punched me the moment you realized who I was.” I answered  smiling.

“You damn right I would have punched you.” when I turned around, it was Jacobson, ready for war. His nostrils looked like he could breathe fire and my smile grew bigger.