68

Montero's POV

After a while, Kalani stopped crying. But she was still in my arms trying to calm down. We were sitting in the dinning room and Seven and Felix were in the kitchen.

After some time enjoying each other's company, Kalani suddenly hit me on my shoulder. My healing shoulder.

"Ouch, what's that for?" I asked confused.

"Why would you say that to the officers?" she asked, still leaning on me. "Threatening to end their lives," She continued. "You can't keep saying that to people, it's wrong."

"Yea love, that wasn't a threat." She suddenly looked up at me. "They can't just make you cry and expect me to smile at them. There is a limitation of things I can take. And you crying is totally unacceptable. Especially if it's gonna be done by other people. You are precious to me, and the last thing I ever want to see is you crying because somebody hurt you." I smiled.

"Montero this isn't funny. We spoke about this. I can't lose you, you understand?" She asked, her tears threatening to fall.

"I understand." I wiped her starting fountain. "Now please stop crying. If you were to cry, it would be for other reasons." I smirked.

She hit me again blushing. She then turned back to serious tired mode. "But the tape, they recorded everything." She anxiously proclaimed.

"Don't worry about that. It will go missing the moment they get to their so called headquarters. I have eyes and ears everywhere." I patted her back.

She then yawned and I smiled.

" I guess the babies wanna sleep now don't they?" I asked.

"Yes sir." She snuggled closer, taking my scent in, getting comfortable, sleeping on my chest.

"You not thinking of sleeping on top of me are you?" I asked casually.

"That's exactly what I'm doing." She slowly said. I looked at her and her eyes were closing.

Snapshot.

I rested my head on the cushion and I closed my eyes, waiting for her to fully sleep.

30 minutes later, I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Johnathan.

"You do realize I haven't missed you right?" I answered.

"And I missed you too." He replied sarcastically.

"What you want Johnathan?" I annoyingly asked.

"Board meeting in 30 minutes. Your dad is coming too." He informed me.

I closed my eyes trying to calm down. I'm not in the mood for him. Especially when I found out he took Liam's body back to Sicily.

"Give me 20." I informed him. " There's something I need to finish." I continued.

More like someone I need to put in bed.

"You sure man, you sound like you in bed, you know?" I heard him laugh.

"Johnathan, don't make me make you lose you memory again." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Now that's just personal man." I deflated him.

"Bye." I ended the call then put my phone on the table.

I slightly stretch my arms and I picked up Kalani bridal style. She was abit heavy I won't lie, but having her in my arms like that was mostly perfect.

I got to my room, placed her carefully on the bed and put some covers over her. I kissed her forehead then her belly and I smiled.

I could never get tired of doing that.

When I was done, I got off the bed, but when I started walking off, Kalani held my hand, while in sleep, and said, "Please stay." In the most cutest voice I have ever heard.

"I have to go back to-"

"Please..." She whispered, looking up at me this time with puppy eyes.

"Ok fine." I gave up trying to convince her otherwise. There was no way I could say no with her looking at me like that.

She suddenly smiled and pulled the sheets on the other side of the bed and ushered me in. I shook my head, not believing this woman right here was the mother of my kids. I took of my pants and my shirt, leaving me with my boxers on. She suddenly looked away and I smiled.

She's still shy and it's gets to me every single time.

I got in bed and slept looking the other side, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. I suddenly felt small hands hugging my torso. I smiled, pulling them closer to me and I closed my eyes not caring if the world burnt down.

**************
I woke up because Felix kept shaking me. The moment I opened my eyes, he held my phone in front off me and I knew it was serious otherwise, he wouldn't have woken me up.

I slowly sat up, trying not to wake up Kalani. I then took my phone, and I saw the caller id, I just heavily breathed.

"How long has he been calling?" I asked him.

"For the past hour." He replied.

I pressed the answer button and braced myself.

"Father, what do I owe this pleasant surprise too?" I sarcastically smiled.

"You better have a good reason why you didn't attend your own company's shareholders meeting." He replied. I could tell he was angry but I didn't care.

"I was with Kalani. And now, you just woke me up." I stood up, and started dressing.

"You telling me you didn't come to our annual meeting because of a woman?" He chuckled.

"I suggest you watch your tone father. Especially when you talking about my future wife." I snarled. When I was done dressing, I looked back at Kalani, she was still in deep sleep and I went out, slowly closing the door behind me.

"Cops came to question her and she wasn't comfortable alone, so I came to accompany her." I explained while going to the kitchen.

"She's fragile. And although she told me she'd not tell the cops that I was there, the cops could push her to a point of breaking down. I couldn't afford that." I explained further.

"Right." He seemed to be satisfied. "So you were covering your tracks?"

"Call it what you want. I was just keeping my wife company." I ended the call, rather annoyed.

The nerve her has.

He immediately called again.

"Father, you really making me feel special." I resorted. "Calling twice, what an honor." I chuckled.

"You dare end a call on me while I was still talking?" He questioned.

"And you dare disobeyed my orders as Don. Nobody was supposed to take Liam out of that warehouse. But you did. You pathetically did. And that disappoints me alot. Especially since its coming from you, father." I emphasized the father part.

"Liam was my son. He is your brother for goodness sake." Be tried explaining.

"Yea he lost that privilege the moment he stole want belonged to mine." I gritted my teeth.

"How could you be so heartless? He was expecting a kid." He tried making it look like I'm the bad guy in all this.

Hack no I'm not.

"And I'm expecting three, might I remind you. Killing Liam wasn't even justified for what Kalani had to go through. His wife is still out there and if it wasn't for Kalani, you best believe father, I would have gutted her alive." I looked up, trying to even my breathing.

The nerve this guy has.

"You evil." He snarled.

"Well, what can I say, I learnt from the best." I smiled.

******************************************
Man the love I have for y'all is surreal. I always think of y'all and of updating.

And here's to another chapter in the bag.

Reminder: This author loves y'all💕💕💞💞