45

Roman's POV
"Oh how I missed you son." my father sarcastically said as he opened his arms to embrace me. I gladly took it and I must say, it was rather sincere so I stayed a little longer.

"How have you been son?" he continued to ask.

Before I could say anything, my great annoying brother whom I have so wanted to kill entered the house.

"Dom," he opened his arms wide, smiling widely coming to embrace me. You would think we were a happy family, but it was all a face we had put up with each other until someone snapped and someone actually hurt the other.

"Liam," I smiled back, embracing me back. "How have you been?" I asked.

"I have been great." he bro hugged me leading to the dinning room. "The business is booming and the wife is amazing."

"Is that so?" I turned looking at Maria who then just looked down acting shy.

"So where is Reiley? I heard she is back?" he asked sitting down.

"She just found out about mom, just give her some space and she'll come around. Hopefully before dinner." I assured him.

"Oh, ok. Shall we get this dinner started, I'm fumished."

**********************************************
Kalani's POV
It hurt...

It hurt so bad. It felt like fire that just kept increasing it's flames. When Steffano left, I cried so much. Seven tried making me stop, I couldn't. The pain was so intense that it felt like my leg could never be able to walk again.

And Steffano said he will only give painkillers only when Montero gives his family back and I don't even know when that would be.

For all I know, Montero may think this is all a bluff and just punish them some more.

"Hang in there Kalani." Seven tried to comfort me, wrapping my leg with more cloth to try and stop the bleeding.

"I can't." I responded with tears in my eyes and blood in my hands. "I'm trying but it hurts." I continued.

"I know, but hold on ok? Mr Montero will get you out of this situation." he reasoned.

"Montero," I chuckled, looking away. "His the damn reason why I'm hurt!" I yelled. "All of this is him." I pointed around the room. "I wouldn't be here is it wasn't for him. His work, his life and family is the reason I'm here." I sobbed while yelling. I could only take so much pain and confusion and hurt but I was tired. Truly and honestly, I just was so very much tired.

"You keep saying Montero is coming for me but he wouldn't have to come if he just let me be. If he didn't see me that day and..." and I just covered my eyes with my bloody hands and I cried. I didn't even care that my hands had blood or not, I just sat there and I sobbed.

He stood up from near my leg and he came to give me a side hug, while trying to make me stop crying. "Hey, you gonna be ok, you hear me? You gonna be fine and so will those babies. You just got to hold on you hear me? Just alittle longer ok? And yes, I agree with you, his profession is not the most amazing, but he is trying to right his wrongs and-"

"Don't defend him Seven!" I looked up yelling at him. "He will probably kill you even after you take care of me and-" I regretted that the moment it slipped my mouth. I covered my mouth with shock trying to think of a comeback to apologise.

He let go of me and he walked to the door and he looked towards it.

"That's true. He will kill me after this and I don't know who my mom will stay with when I'm gone. But I don't need you," he turned and looked at me. "To remind of that."

"Seven I-" I tried explaining.

"Kalani I'm only trying to help you as best I can because Johnathan was my best friend. And because I know you are not deserving of all this. But please, don't try to condemn me for all Montero did." he came closer with a more softer facial expression.

"I know." I looked down feeling guilty. "I'm sorry. You not deserving of that." I looked up to him. "Thank you." tears welled up my eyes again. "Thank you Seven." I repeated in a whisper opening my arms widely hoping he can forgive me in a hug.

He gladly came for it and closed the gap. I held on tightly grateful that there was someone who tolerant a pregnant 21 year old whose allerged 'king' is killing people like it's a shopping spree and had the potential of killing the very guy who was keeping her sane and secure.

"Thank you Seven." I repeated.

"It's ok. It's probably the hormones, I know you a good person Kalani." he pulled away so he could look at me. "You gonna be ok." he smiled. And for the first time I realized he had a cute dimple on his left cheek.

I reached out my hand to touch it and Seven looked at me in shock. And then I realized to him it looked so wrong and I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Sorry." I muttered, looking away.

"So I'm gonna leave." he stood up. I quickly held his hand and looked at me.

"Please stay." I whispered. "I'm terrified and if I stay alone, I'll probably have a panic attack." I tried reasoning.

And the more I thought of it, all of it, I knew I couldn't stay alone. He gently pulled his hand away and said, " I'll come back." he smiled. "I'm going to see if I can get you painkillers and maybe get Steffano to let you see a doctor." with that he was gone.

And I felt it. The echos of the room and the blood that was everywhere was just too much. I didn't even realize that there was so much blood. On the floor, on my bed, on sheets, cloths and on my face.

And it was all mine.

Oh my goodness, I started to panic. What if I lose more blood, what if that puts my kids in danger, what if I die and they die. And as these thoughts kept consuming my mind, l felt myself slipping into darkness hoping my babies don't actually die.

**********************************************
My humans

As I have stated before, I come up with plots as I go and this plot only came today. The good news on that is that, alot of ideas have come to mind and hopefully I make more than one update today. The bad news is that, my book is almost at the end of it's amazing journey.

I have cried, laughed and have had the most fun. And I sincerely hope it was with you that I shared all these moments with. And I so wish I could go on but every good thing has it's end day. So it's been a journey and I'm both grateful and happy that y'all were here with me in it.

I love y'all humans and I hope this was an fun-filled experience as it was for me.

This author loves y'all. ❤️❤️💞💞💞