.15.

Kalani's POV

Light. That is the first thing I saw. Light that was so blinding I had to cover my eyes with my hands so to see around me.

Where am I??

“Hospital...” my subconscious mind answered.

How did I ge-”

“Well let me jog your memory. Or let's say our memory.” I could literally picture it smile. Or should I say her smile because I named her.

Ok Hil, please remind us what we missed. Or shall I say, what I don't necessarily remember.” I mimicked her sarcastic voice.

“Right. So I will just say words and you just have to remember:
-The Phoenix

- Mr Montero

-stuck in his room

-Lost virginity

-Strange cravings

-Pharmacy

-Pregnant

-Being followed

-Blacked out

-Hospital

-Shocked at being pregnant again.

-Visit from Eveyln

-Change from rooms to private room

-Montero wanting your, well our babies

-coma...

Then it all come back like a flood. On how my life literally just flipped from being normal to being weird and crazy. Then it hit me, I am pregnant.

Oh my gosh... My stomach is so big but cute. I am pregnant. Like actually pregnant. Like I'm carrying babies and I'm gonna be a mother. I have humans growing inside of me pregnant. 

Oh my gosh, I am pregnant. I am actually pregnant. What?! Wow... I am pregnant.

Wow...

Oh my goodness...

This is weird but amazing. I am pregnant, and for the first time I was happy. I was happy that I was pregnant regardless of how it actually happened. All I cared about is the fact that I was pregnant, and I would never let my children live a life I wouldn't approve off.

Wow...

I am pregnant...

“Point of correction, we are pregnant.” Hilary said.

Well technically speaking, I'm pregnant and since I was a bit bored, I decided to talk to myself which ended up being you, so no Hil, I am pregnant as in me, one. Not us, only me.” I replied, little angry for my liking.

Hormones...” She replied. “Just accept it, she continued, “You need me Kalani. You need me, and there is no denying that. I'm basically your lifeline. You are nothing without me. Plus too, you named me and all, you wanted me more than I wanted to be here, spending my time with you.” She continued with her cocky voice that was starting to get on my last nerve.

“Oh really," I lifted my left eyebrow, "what could you be possibly be doing other than being here with me thinking about my babies and when I'm getting out of here to sort out my life??” I fired back. There is no way my subconsciousness is clever than me.

No way!

“Well technically, I can be clever than you considering you haven't been doing any of that have you now.” She invaded my thoughts.

“Oh shut up!” I yelled. And I think I yelled a litter louder than I expected, because next thing I saw were nurses, 3 to be exact, enter my room with rather a shocked expression.

“She's awake...” they said in unison.

**********************************************
Roman's POV
“Mr Montero, your mother is on line 3.” Manny informed me, peck showing his face in my office.

“Put her through.” I mumbled annoyed. I loved that woman, but I know her calling up meant she has heard something that involves me being in some sort of scandal not because she just 'misses' me.

The phone rang and I braced myself for her outrageous accusations.

“Mother.” I greeted her.

Romano Dominic Montero.” She yelled a little to loud for my liking.

I removed the phone away from my ear for two seconds, and I could still hear her yelling at me in Italian.

“la mamma so calma, I'm sure you just came back to New York and you tired, si ? How about dinner tonight?” I interrupted her.

“Don't mamma me. I heard your stories. I came back from your papà in Sicily and I come back to this?? What is all this Romano?”  You could clearly hear it in her voice that she was mad at me for whatever reason it might be.

Mamma, cosa hai sentito adesso?” (Mom, what did you hear now?) I sighed, not even caring what she had heard. I just wanted to humor her so she was not hovering over me like hound dog.

“You are having bambinos. Is it true Romano? I'm going to be a nonna?” She asked, a little to excited.

“Mamma, where did you heard that?” whoever told my mother about those babies is dead. I was angry. In fact, I was over angry. I was fuming.

“So it's true.” you could literally feel her smile and excitement over the phone. “So, who is the lucky girl?” She continued to press with this story. “Nevermind, I will see you at yours at 7 for dinner si? Ti amo Romano.” With that, she cut the call.

“Shit!” Now I regret suggesting that dinner. I could just always say I'm working late, but knowing her, she will literally do anything and everything in her power to find me. So there is no use to fight her.

But I need to find this idiot who told my mother about that girl in hospital. I thought I made everything clear and no one was to talk about her until she woke up. But clearly someone didn't get the memo because now I have to talk to my mom and it's gonna be a long conversation I'm dreading.

“Manny,’ I called out. He came in fast as he was. “I need to know who told my mother about Kalani and I need to know fast.” I instructed him.

“Sir.” and he was gone. Whoever told her is gonna pay.

**********************************************
Dinner in the Montero's
Roman's POV
“So mamma, I see you came.” whilst I kissed her hand for courtesy.

“Off course I came, I wanted to hear the news from you.” she smiled involuntary.

Goodness it was gonna be a long night. I murmured to myself.

***************
Claudia's POV
“So, who is the lucky girl?” I asked. The moment I heard that my boy was going to be a father, I was overwhelmed with joy and happiness. Ever since Romano lost his fianceé, he vowed to not love anyone, let alone have a family. But look at him now, a whole nation of children. Triplets is no joke and I hope he understands that.

“More like who is the unlucky girl.” He answered uninterested, continuing with his pile of food.

“Romano, don't say that. A child is a blessing.” I explained, a bit deflated at his comment.

“Well sorry mother, but that's not how I see this.” He replied.

And the moment I wanted to open mouth and say something, his phone rang.

“Sorry mamma but I have to take this.” with that, he stands and leaves while I'm trying to figure out how in the world did this all happen.