70

Montero POV

"You better be on your way to hospital right now and if not, I swear I'll gutter you alive Montero!" Kalani snarled.

I removed the phone away from my ears to see if I'm talking to the correct person, and it was indeed Kalani.

I smirked.

My baby is growing.

I cleared my throat and then answered, "I'm on my way."

"You better be otherwise," her tantrum was cut by a scream, "Arhhhhhhh! This hurts." She exclaimed.

"Just breathe baby ok? Just breath-"

"Montero shut up!" She yelled at me. I immediately removed the phone from my ear again because her yelling was too much.

"Ok Kalani I need the answer for 1.3." I heard someone in the background saying.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm writing my test remember?" She casually replied. Like it's perfectly normal for someone who's due to give birth to be writing a test.

"But you about to give birth." I mentioned confused.

Is this even normal?

"And so?" She asked, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I think you should focus on your breathing." I truthfully answered.

"I can do, arrhhhhhh!" She screamed again. "Gosh I'm gonna kill you Montero for putting me in this position." She threatened.

"I'm so sorry baby." I apologized, glaring at Felix to step on it.

"Don't baby me. I swear the moment I see you, I'm gonna cut off your peeing machine out." I choked on my saliva.

"Yea baby, I think you should calm down. That's a very important tool." I covered my pants with the hand that wasn't holding the phone.

"Important to who? Certainly not me. And if it's not important to me than, arhhhhh! Gosh I'll kill you." She whispered.

Her voice was going up and down and it got me so worried.

"Baby can you please give phone to Eva." I asked nicely.

"Hack no!" She exclaimed. "I don't think she would want to have your kids Montero. You having three already and that should be enough." She spoke through her teeth. I could tell she was angry.

"What?!" I looked at Felix confused. "Why would Eva have my kids?" Felix looked at me and choked on his laugh. I gave him a death glare and he turned he face straight back to the road.

"Then why you want to talk to her?" She asked.

"Your state. I wanna ask how you really doing?" I answered. But I still felt my answer wouldn't be sufficient.

"My state?" She scoffed. "As if."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taken aback by her response.

"Nothing." I heard some shuffling, and some incoherent talking.

"Just sit properly and drink water ok?" I heard Eva instruct her.

"Just drive Seven." She ignored Eva, sounding annoyed. I almost back her up but then I remembered, she's not her normal state at the moment. "Next question Eva?"

"One element of definition of Internal Auditing." Eva asked.

"Governance, uhmmmm." I heard her trying to calming breathe.