@11@

Eva's POV

It's been a three days since Kalani slipped into a coma. All because of me. I made her hurt and think while she was in that state. Who does that to their own friend? Make them hurt and make them slip into comas?

Kalani must be hating me now. No, I am sure that she hates me. But God knows I never meant for her to cry. Let alone slip into a coma. The day Kalani slipped into a coma I was in such a traumatic state that I fainted and I had to stay over night for observation. The doctor said I was OK but I had to stop stressing and everything will be ok.

Flashback
"Ok? You saying everything is going to be ok while my best friend is dying. She is dying doctor and you telling me to stop stressing, are you mentally ok?" I asked with rage and anger filled in my eyes and voice.

"Miss Evelyn, I need you to calm down please." The doctor pleaded.

"I can't." I broke down. I loved kalani to the ends of this world. God knows that I love her. And I know that it's my fault that she is in that coma. And I can't reverse it. I can't take it back.

"I wanna take it back Doc." I said. "I wanna take it all back. I never meant to hurt her I promise." I continued as I looked at him with my sea blue eyes.

"It's ok Miss Evelyn. You need to calm down. Your friend is going to be ok."

"you just saying that to make me feel ok but I know that she is far from it. And it's because of me. And don't deny it Doc. You said I shouldn't stress her and I did. I told her about that stupid guy that hurt her and you added. We are both at fault but I am worse because if I didn't start the conversation, you wouldn't have spoke of it. So Doc please, don't justify what I did. I just want her to live Doc, is that too much to ask?? " I said in between sobs.

" Miss Evelyn, we are both at fault and I won't deny any of that but you need to get your friend back. You need to keep talking to her and keep her company. And you won't be able to do that if you are also next to her. You understand? You need to be ok. You need to be OK for her."

And the doctor was right. I needed to be ok. So I made up my mind. I am going to rest and I will be there for her. She is going to be proud of me and when she wakes up I am going to take her out her shopping amd it's going to soo amazing.

" So please rest, yes??" the Doctor asked, looking at me skeptical.

"Fine. I am sleeping but tomorrow the first thing I am doing is talking to her then that bastard that her hurt."

The doctor looked at me like I was going to be doing something that I will later regret, but I wasn't going to back down.

Nobody hurts my friend and gets away with it.

*********************************************

Next day

I woke up the next day with such a pounding headache it hurt my stomach. I removed the thin blanket that my father came with when he was told that I was in hospital. My dad knew that I hated hospitals beds. So when he heard that I was admitted, he tried to do everything in his power to make it look a bit like home.

And it actually did. The curtains and the blanket that I was sleeping with was from home and there were some of my family photos. Dad goes overboard when I am sick. You would think it's my mom but no, it's actually my dad.

He worries so much more about me but at the same time he is so strict that he is a walking contradiction.

When I tried to stand up he stood and made me sit down.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you bud.” Dad has always called me bud. I think it's because he was kinda expecting me to be a boy. But when I turned out to a girl he was ok with that too. But that meant he didn't have a son to pass his hotels and clubs to because he believed that it was a guy's job.

I studied biotechnology because it always kinda fascinated me that plantation DNA can be modified to something better. I know that it comes with it's million and one disadvantages that is not really discussed with the media and my thesis is actually trying to prove that biotechnology can have more advantages than disadvantages.

While in doing that, I am supposed to find a solution of how to stop human genetics from multiplying when women in particular have food that have been modified in labs and are also pregnant. It's fun really but quite challenging.

“I am ok dad. I need to get to Kalani dad.” But dad being dad, he continued to push me back to the bed until I was sitting down.

“I really am fine dad. I wanna go see Kalani.” I tried convincing him.

“Not in that state you not.” He insisted.

“But dad..” I tried annoying him by saying please non-stop.

Evelyn Penelope Summers, I said No.” He said in a yelling but calm voice. “Plus too you haven't even seen your mom. She is worried sick about you.”

“Where is she??” I asked.

“I told her to go home and get some sleep. She has been crying the whole night. Evelyn we are worried about you. You spend most of your time here and-”

“That's because Kalani is also here and I have to be there for her.” I interrupted him.

“I know honey but all this is interfering with your studies.” he lowered his voice.

“I don't care.” I semi yelled. “ She is here because of me. If I didn't force her to go to your club the last time it was opened, she wouldn't be pregnant and she wouldn't even be in a coma. Dad, she doesn't even remember what happened. All she knew was that when she woke up, that scumbag has already taken advantage of her. And that's all my fault.”

“Wait, slow down Evelyn,” my dad stopped me with very confused eyes,“ What do you mean she doesn't remember anything?”

“Dad Kalani doesn't party and that night was her first time only because I threaten her to tell Jake that she liked him. So she went. She only had one drink, went to the toilet and never came back. I thought she was ok but that son of a milkshake,” my dad raised his eyebrows,“ long story,” I cut him before he could even ask.

“That tart took advantage of her and she doesn't even remember what happened.” I continued.

The look on my dad's face showed more than shock. He was horrified because I think he was putting me in Kalani's shoes and that didn't really sit well on him.

“And now she is pregnant with triplets and that is my fault. Her being shocked is my fault and her being in a coma is my fault too.”

“Ok Evelyn you need to stop saying that.” He stopped me from continuing.

“But it's the truth.” I pressed. “If Mr Montero just-”

“Wait, what did you just say??” My dad cut my sentence.

“Mr Montero??” I looked at him confusingly.

“Yes, what about him??” My dad moved closer.

“He is the father. He is the one who raped my friend.”