#14#

Evelyn's POV
"That's insanity!" my dad yelled. "What were you thinking Evelyn? Did you really think you could just challenge the richest man in New York and think I would help you?"

I just kept my mouth shut and my head down whilst I was playing with my hands. He has been going on for ages ever since I asked him to stand for Kalani and her babies. Ok, I know what I was doing was stupid but, I had to do something, anything. But from the looks of it, I'm not succeeding.

"But Dad,-" I tried talking.

"Don't dad me, what the hell were you thinking?" He continued, "You don't always get what you want Evelyn." he softened his voice while walking close to me, holding my hand. "I feel bad for your friend but I can't do anything to help her."

At this point my eyes started to well with tears. I was the one who caused all of this and I can't even help my best friend get out of this mess. And my dad had no idea how much I hated myself for it.

"Do you know how it feels to blame myself all day, every day because I know that I am the cause of all this?" with tears falling.

"Eveyln stop-" my dad said, holding me close.

"No dad, I interrupted. "No! You know it's my fault and I'm only trying to do right by her. I hate myself for it ok? I do. And it pains me that I can't even help save her babies. How do you think that makes me feel?? Knowing that I was part of that?? Knowing that I could make it stop?"

"Eveyln I said stop it!" He yelled this time. "You can't make it stop Evelyn, even if you tried. You just can't." He said this in a calmer voice.

"So you telling you that you won't help her? Is that it?" At this point, it wasn't even about the million tears that kept falling at this point, all I could think of was Kalani and her triplets and how she at least deserved this one thing.

Her babies.

How could she not even have that??

No, I can't allow that. I'm going to find a way. Kalani will be with her babies. Even if it's the last thing I died trying to do.

**********************************************
Someone's POV

"Where is she?"

"She is still in the hospital boss." The other answered. They were supposed to take in Kalani as leverage but all plans have been failing and their boss was getting antsy and annoyed.

"That's what you told me 3 months ago!" He yelled.

"She's with child boss and 2 weeks after she was admitted, her level of security increased. Only her best friend and some accredited doctors were allowed."

"So you telling me that you can't get to her because she has security? What is this Seven, are you stupid? Get some of our guys to be the doctors and get her."

"Sir we tried that, but it turns out that the doctors are personal friends of Mr. Montero and those are the only guys he wants. His guy's sir."

"What does Montero have to do with this now? The boss asked.

"He is the father sir." Seven replied.

"Now this is interesting." He smiled. " Didn't think Montero would be the fathering type considering his history." He continued. "Does the father know that his kid is with child??"

"As far as we can tell, no sir." Seven answered.

"I don't pay you for wild guesses Seven, I pay you for facts!" He raised his voice, startling Seven. "Now, I'm gonna ask again, does the father know??"

"No-no sir, he doesn't sir." Seven replied, trying to pretend that he wasn't stuttering.

"Did you just stutter Seven?"

Seven didn't know what to say. The guy always had a way of making him nervous even if he tried to act strong, the guy could easily break him down.

"I..I, ummmm-," he tried speaking.

"Nevermind, I have other important things to deal with." Seven let out his breath, not realizing, he was holding it back. "You said the father doesn't know right??"

"Yes sir," he replied.

"Ok good. We can just always threaten him with her. Even if we don't have her. But I know Jacobson, he will want tangible proof." he said, thinking out loud.

"And that is something we don't have, sir."

"I know that Seven, I know. I was thinking out loud." The big boss answered, a little annoyed.

Things were not going according to plan. The plan being, they take the girl and Jacobson pays back the money and the missing ammo. Now that Montero was involved, it would be rather difficult because Montero had guys everywhere.

Both in the legal and illegal world. Although he didn't like getting his hands dirty, if you messed with him, he would sure mess with you in both worlds, stripping you bare of anything you ever called your own. Your family included. And Mr. Steffano knew that very well, but he needed the girl for Jacobson to bring everything back otherwise his whole empire that he has built from stretch will fall like the walls of Jericho.

"Get the best friend." He thought. Surely if he had her, he thought, then Kalani would beg the dad for an exchange. It was a perfect plan. But one with alot of flaws he knew.

"Sir he can't get her either." he lowered his voice, knowing this would probably make the big boss explode with anger.

"Why? Don't tell me she is with a child too and the father is Montero," he said sarcastically.

"No sir, but her dad is Mr. Summers. The very man you owing money and the ammo."

"Shit!" He banged the desk whilst yelling.

"Seven I need that money Seven back. And I need it fast and you making excuses is not getting it back. Infact, it's making me more annoyed. I wouldn't want to kill you and your mother Seven. I actually like you. So please, don't disappoint me."

Then the call was disconnected.

"Fu*k!" He yelled, running his hands through his hair. Seven was rather confused as to why all of this was his fault. The big boss was the one who trusted a spy and now Seven and his mom had to pay for it. And it's always been like that. Mr. Steffano threatening him with his family to get want he wanted. It worked for a brief time until he got sick of it. And now that an old friend has come up with a proposal, he was thinking of choosing that.

So he picked up his phone and started dialing the number he was given by his old friend two hours ago. The call was answered on its second ring.

"Johnathan, I'm in."

**********************************************