2

Crystal's POV:

I get out of the car and head to the big gates in front of me.

As I enter the school I expect to be showered with greeting like any other day, but instead I get different looks from the people around me. Some are looking at me with confusion, some curiosity, some worry, some pity and well not everyone likes me so some look at me with disgust.

I don't mind them and carry on with my way to my register class. On my way there I see my best friend Starr waiting by my locker. "Holy Mother of  Earth, Crystal what  happened to your face?" She asks with worry laced over her face and tone.

I look at her confused, "what do you mean?" "What do you mean what do I mean, Crystal Asante Diamond you have mascara flowing down your cheeks lika a damn waterfall, secondly you got a blue eye, and lastly your bottom lip is cut, mind explaining?" as she says all this realization hits me like a tidle wave.

" Crap" is all I'm able to say as I sprint into the bathroom. Holy Moly, Starr was right. I look like I was hit by a truck and in an airplane crash all at once. I had dried up tears and mascara running down my checks. My eyes were red and puffy.

I sigh as I start the whole process like the one from the morning. Wash my face, apply foundation and a little bit of mascara, add a tiny bit of lip gloss.

"Crys will you tell me what happened or do I have to beat the truth out of you?" She says with her hands on her hips. "It's nothing to worry about Starr, just please let it go."

"Let it go? Crystal you didn't just tell me to let this go, how do you expect me to let this go when you look like this." I look down with tears pooling my eyes. I hear her sigh and she pulls me in a hug.

"Crystal I'm worried about you, come on you have to tell me what's going on or who did this to you" I sniff and pull out of the hug. "I-I'm so sorry Starr I can't tell you, I seriously wish I could I do, but if I tell you I'm not only putting myself in danger but I'm also risking your life." I say as I try wiping away my tears that are floating like a river.

"For heaven's sake just tell me what's going on with you man Crystal!!!" She shouts her own tears leaking.

"I CAN'T OKAY I WANT TO BUT I SERIOUSLY CAN'T TELL YOU. I'M SORRY STARR IF I COU-" Before I even finish my sentence I feel my face facing the left side and my cheek burning. My hand automatically reaches my right cheek.

I look up at her with glossy eyes."Oh my word Crystal I'm-" before she finishes, I run towards the door and pull it open. "Crystal!!!" I hear her shouting but I carry on running. Until I run into a hard wall.