36

CRYSTAL'S POV

I haven't been to school in a while and I don't remember the last time I had my phone with me so I haven't spoken or seen Starr in quite a while but today I'm going back to school. Chris and I got ready and we left. Dang it has seriously been a while, like a whole month,I'm so behind. Smh. We reached the school gates and went in to park the car. It felt so foreign placing my feet on the school pavement.

People kept on turning their heads towards me and some whispering thinking I can't hear them. I walk over to my locker and see Starr standing there with a dude. I walk over to them and tap Starr's shoulder twice, she turns back and looks at me shocked, then reveled, then happy and soon she is crying. She hasn't  changed. I pull her in for a hug and we hug for quite a while. She pulls back and looks at me while whipping her tears. "Where the hell have you been?" She asks. I look at her and I tell her the truth. "I've been fixing my life."

She looked really confused and I understand why. I haven't been the best friend to her and I intend on telling her everything. "We need to talk after school." she says and gets her books out her locker, we had long forgotten about the dude she was standing with. "I'll see you around Josh." Starr said waving to that guy. We went to class and luckily we had first lesson together. The day was rather quick because real soon it was home time and teachers were surprised to see me here to say the least.

I meet Chris at the gate, along with Starr. "I assume you are leaving with Starr." Chris said looking at me. I nodded my head and grabbed Starr's hand. "Actually do you mind dropping us off at my place, I didn't bring my car, I came with Josh." Chris said sure and we left. The ride was quick and we were in Starr's house in a minute.

"I'm gonna order some food while you rehearse your life story for me." I laughed a little as she walked away going to order the food. She came back a few minutes later with chips, sodas and a blanket. We sat down and we chose a movie, which I don't know what for because we won't be watching it. I was nervous as hell because I'm about to tell her everything from the abuse to the rape... Like everything. "So where the hell has my best friend been?" she asked turning her body to face me. I smile and look down as I felt tears fill my eyes. Here I go.

"It's been a crapped up month hey. I haven't been honest with you Starr, at all. My whole life has been hell since I was five, My da... Richard hasn't been the greatest father to me ever since mom left. He..." my voice broke, I don't want to seem weak so I cleared my throat, wiped my tears and continued." Richard has been abusing me ever since she left, he said it was my fault Starr, Richard... He raped me, he got me pregnant and later on he hit me until I lost the child, Chris has been there for me... It may seem as if I'm replacing you but being loved by another male besides Lewis felt good, I wanted to feel how it was to depended on a male who didn't look at you with pity and guilt or a male who would be leaving you with broken ribs on the floor. I needed to feel loved by another man who isn't my father or brother and Chris was there and no I'm not using him, I love Chris with everything in me and that is why I'm having Richard arrested so I can be happy with Chris and you without worrying about going home late to get welcomed with a slap or a punch to the stomach and two hours later I sleep unconscious on the floor. I'm sorry I've been keeping you in the dark but I had..." before I continued she had me in her arms.

We were both a sobbing mess.