12

Crystal's POV

I was right, I'm not going to school today. My body was aching so much and it was so unbearable. My tears were falling on their own. It was now 10 and my father had left at 7. After him strangling me for making him two eggs instead of three. Cruel I know right.

I was now halfway through the stairs when I just gave up and let myself roll down the stairs, I'm sure I caused more damage to my already fractured ribs. Rolling down I had protected my head to not loose consciousness. I lay there crying, hoping that someone will come lift me up and take me to the sofa, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I slowly dragged myself to the living room. With each drag more tears were falling. The only thing that could make me happy right now was death. There is nothing I could wish for better than death. I was out of breath when I reach the living room. With the help of the couch I stood up and carefully laid down on my back. I clunch my stomach due to the amount of pain I was in.

Each sob making my stomach hurt more. I just lay there staring at the ceiling as if it would give me all the answers I need to the questions I have. Has my father ever loved me, was I so much of a mistake that I made mom run away. Was I not worthy enough to have my parents love, had God now finally forsaken me.

All these questions stay unanswered in my head. I close my eyes and let the tears fall. Closing my eyes I think of what life could have been like if momma had stayed. I think of how my father would be treating me. Maybe we would be a happy family. I just wanna know why. I open my eyes because these thoughts were far from ever happening.

I hear the front door slam open. I look towards and see my father there, drunk and stinky. He look very angry might I add. This is gonna be a long night. I sigh knowing that he will find me any minute now..5..4..3..2..1 boom he was in front of me grabbing my hair. "You worthless piece of trash, couldn't your mother take you along with her!" He yelled in my face slapping me so hard I see stars.

"You know I never thought I had the ability to despise someone so much until you came along. You were a mistake, I wish your mother had aborted you when I told her to, I knew you were a curse before you were even born. I fuckin hate you!!" He yelled louder punching me repeatedly on my guts making me cough out blood. I took in every word he said to me. Making my heart clench with so much pain.

All of a sudden I see him grabbing a chair lifting it up and swinging it straight to my head. He hit me so hard that the chair lost a leg. I was hit unconscious right there.