8

Starr's POV

"Crystal Diamond.?" We turn and look at the doctor who just came in. "Yes." Christian say and stands up. I follow his actions and stand next to him. "How are you related to the patient?" The Doc asks looking down at his clipboard. "I'm her boyfriend and this is her sister." Christian answers on the spot.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow and smirk a little. "Okay, well Ms Diamond is very lucky to be alive, if y'all were 10 minutes late she would have been a goner. We found two broken ribs and one bruised ribs, we also found multiple bruises on her body, she also had scars on her arms."

My tears were already flowing down like a river."Do you know what may have happened to her?" Asked Christian sounding broken. "I was hoping you could answer that question." The Doctor said looking at Christian with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mea-oh you think I gave her those bruises?" Christian asked him back.

"I'm just trying to connect the dots here. Maybe you know something or two." The Doctor shot back. "Listen Doc, Crystal is my girlfriend, I wouldn't do something stupid like hitting her to a point I break her ribs or just lay a hand on her in general... That is not how I was brought up!" Christain said his voice rising slowly. "I'm sorry Christian, forgive me. Perhaps you know something.?" He turned to face me.

I shook my head no. "She never told me anything about the bruises or scars. I don't live with her, I live with mom while she lives with dad." I said making up a lie on the spot. "Okay thank you, again sorry for the misunderstanding Christian." He soon walked away after that. Christian released a breath and sat down.

I look at him and fold my hands waiting for him to feel my gaze on him. As if reading my mind he looks up at me. "What is it Starr?" I smile at him slightly and sit down. "hmmm protective already "boyfriend" ?" I ask him with a smirk and raised eyebrow. "Arghh". He said. "I'm waiting." I said to him poking his side continuously.

"I only said that I'm her boyfriend so that bloody Doctor could give us all the  necessary information about her okay." He said sounding frustrated. "Okay...You seem really worried though." I said sharing his misery. "I just wanna find the person who did this to her and make them pay." He said clenching his fists so hard they turn white. "She is just to much of a human being for her own good, and whoever did this will have a huge price to pay." He said this time clenching his jaw.

"Let's go check on her. Yeah." I said while standing up. He nods and we walk to the front desk. "Crystal Diamond please." I say to the lady at the desk. "Second floor, room 125." she says and smiles slightly. We nod and to the elevator to her room.

We got in her room and went to sit beside her. She looked so peaceful, her color was back a little and she was a bit warmer than before. I hold her hand while trying to keep my tears at bay. Christian just sat on the chair and held her hand. Few minutes of silence I feel her hand try moving. Looking up I see her trying to open her eyes. "Crystal." Christian said looking at her with a hopeful look and finally she opened her eyes.