4

Crystal's POV

The rest of the day was quite long which I was grateful for because I felt it gave me more reason to not go to the hell hole I call home. As home time neared I started having an uneasy feeling that something horrible has happened. I start worrying and the only thing on my mind is Lewis.

Now I was just in a hurry for home time to come. I looked at the clock and saw that only five minutes was left before the bell went off. I have to say that was the longest 5 minutes of my life EVER!!! The bell finally went off.

I was the first one out of the door rushing out of the school onto the pavement and running home. The closer I got home the more anxious I became, so I knew for sure something was wrong. I stop at the gate and look at the very big house in front of me. For a stranger it looked very homely, but as for me it was burning with flames from hell.

I slowly and steadily walk through the gate and walk up to the front porch. I stand in front of the door for about 10 minutes debating whether or not to come in. Sighing finally done debating I take one step and reach the door knob.

Slowly turning it, I open the door and step inside. As soon as I got in I fell on my knees and screeched in pain. Pain I didn't feel physically but I felt emotionally due to the traumatic sight I had in front of me. I felt like the walls were closing in on me.

The world was falling apart all at once and it was taking me down with it, whether I wanted to come or not. I felt my breath being cut off, my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode. I clenched my chest hoping that it would stop my heart from beating so hard. I let out a sob, which soon turned into a pattern of wailing and screaming.

You know that one time you wish that you never existed or when you feel like all you had has been taken away from you. That is exactly what I was feeling. It wasn't pleasant but here I am wishing I never existed, here I was watching everything I ever had taken away from me. I lean on the wall and slide down bringing my head in between my knees and hugging my knees as if they were my only source of living.

I get out of my trance and rise from the ground. I slowly and carefully walk deeper into the living room closer to the couch that held the most horrific sight I had ever witnessed. I kneel next to the couch and pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Once confirming that this is reality I wail once again.

I look up slowly towards the body of my Brother Lewis laying there lifeless, with nothing but what used to be a blue shirt now red with his own blood due to the knife attached to his heart, his face decorated with blood flowing in different directions due to the gunshot wound on his forehead.